Rust My Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    it is actual rust, he just used some techniques to make it oxidize faster. i've seen people do everything from mix salt and beer and rub it on the car, to pissing all over their own car to make it rust.

as for if you should do it, go for it if you want to. just realize you will never be reasonably able to return it to paint. there will always be some rust left over that will eventually peek through.

IMO, the rust needs to be done to a car that is otherwise perfectly straight. It works as a great juxtaposition. if the car is already fucked, it doesnt have that contrast and just looks old and shitty. kinda like flat black lambos look amazing, but flat black s-10's just look primered and crappy.

on your car, i would go for it; i think you could pull it off well.
    I have heard of people pissing all over their car to rust it as well. That’s kind of demeaning if you ask me not to mention a little messed up. What would you say when people asked how you got it to look that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
      Very nice comment man. Especially for a "gold member " with a civic that has black wheels with a chrome lip. You trying to call me trendy?
      Lol
      I didn't choose the lame wheels, they were on it when I bought it. I'd rather have the stock alloys.

But, I'd rather have those than a rusty, haggard looking piece of shit car. You're not doing anything cool, new or unique with this car. You're just making it look stupid. You're doing trendy rice.

If the body is already as fucked as you say it is, why even bother wasting time with the car?
      Last edited by crazymikey; 02-17-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I haven't seen anything new in the honda scene in a long time its all the same shit with a different color. It's his car let him do whatever he want's aint hurting anybody really.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

If he was capable of doing whatever he wanted to his car, he wouldn't be asking for opinions. If he asks... he will get them. He asked if he should, and everyone with a brain between their ears said no.

Comment

Like i said to start with most are done with paint in the first place. I'd do it i wouldn't give two shits what anyone thought nor well i ever and i've got a pretty good head on my shoulders.

You are right he did ask for opinion's though so either he can throw them out the window or get interweb hurt.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Exactly. I don't see the point of "should I do this cosmetic modification to my car?" threads, because that's all a matter of personal taste. If YOU like it, do it. It's not like you're asking opinions on a part that may make your car unreliable or unsafe. It's no better than making a thread asking what color underwear you should wear today!

However, rusting a car... as anyone in the NorthEast knows, causes a shitload of problems. Most of us are trying (and many failing) to prevent and repair rust... not create it because some guy managed to make it look good on his BMW!
              That BMW was crashed and rescued from the junkyard when he rusted it. It was already a totaled car, and would never truly be straight again. The decision was between scrapping it, or turning it into a piece of automotive art. It's not his daily driver. He also probably continues to put more time and effort into maintaining and modifying that car than the majority of the people on this site! Additionally, the photography has always been top notch with that rusted Bimmer. You don't see any crappily lit cell phone pics. You see professional-grade, magazine-quality shots.
              Unless you're going to maintain your rust coating like it was a fine paintjob, and photograph your car with pro-level equipment and skills... you'll fail miserably to achieve the striking effect that car has (and I'll admit, I DO like that car.)
              Even if you did, you'd only be a follower of a trend. That's the car that generated all the current popularity for the "style"... anyone else is just copying. Copycats are far less impressive.

Then when you're done with the car, it's off to the junkyard. If it stays rusty for a while, there's no coming back from that. Especially if it turns to rot (which doesn't take much.) You can't even sell the car to someone else to love and enjoy... it's going to be scrap metal.

Comment

i done my hood, all you do is grind it down to bare metal and mix peroxide vinegar and salt into a spray bottle and soak the metal in it, itll will rust instantly, and slowly grow over a couple weeks,

Comment

and i rusted this about 2 years ago on my old accord, its a cool thing to do if your hood or car is messed up on the paint and body

Comment

The hood, and other easily replaceable body panels (front fenders, even doors...) are one thing. But things like the roof and rear quarters? Only an idiot would rust those on a car that isn't already junkyard bound.

Comment

I just don't agree with purposely damaging a vehicle for cosmetic purposes.

There is a difference between real patina, faux patina, and then damaged for the sake of apparently looking cool.

Comment

my honest opinion is if you want to rust it then rust it, if you think the body is in such a bad shape that it is a point of no return then you have nothing to lose, but im sure its very savable, you could even look into vinyl wraps that look like rust as well, but rusting the whole car should only be a last resort kind of thing, but if your wanting to do it, then no ones opinion can stop you

Comment

Dont take this the wrong way but its been done, over and over again and its not worth the long term damage it causes your vehicle.
                          ODBWeldingWerks
                          Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

it only suits rat rods.

basically giving your car cancer.

imagine when parts actually start snapping deteriorating off.

Comment

it will take about 6 years or longer to start doing anything remotely bad to the body.

Comment

Dont do it. Jumping on trends like this is super lame. Not to mention, w/a CB, probably unsafe.

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X