X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the offical nh kangamangus meet thread 2010

i had to make a new thread since noah is never on as much lol

so here is the plan so far

i have picked out a date in october to give every one some time to get funds and get there rides ready

the date is sat and sun the 9th and 10th peeps can come up on friday the 8th lol

i'll have a itinerary set up once i get back to nh and check out the route and set up the start and finish points

but for a simple idea we will start in lincoln nh and end in north conway nh
    you would go up i-93 and then take rt 16 down to 95 to get back to your places and wut not lol

from what noah posted

The Kancamagus Highway is a scenic highway in NH, roughly 35 miles long up through the white mountains. I've personally been up there a few times, it's the tits. There's lots of twisties, sights to be seen, waterfalls and the river, and Loon Mountain

Our trip would start most likely in Lincoln, NH., and would lead all the way up to North Conway, NH. There are plenty of things to check out in North Conway, and the surrounding area, as it is generally very tourist-friendly

Itinerary:
    Cruise up the Kanc.
    On the way, do a photoshoot (there are places to stop along the way) <---talk to Izz, this part he's planning and everything.
    Arrive in North Conway and do a BBQ at White Horse Ledge? (state park).
    Cruise the streets of North Conway, traffic permitting.
    Cruise back down, or we can decide something to do from there, if time commitment's not an issue.

Raindate?:
    I'm not 100% that this would be all that fun and exciting if we were to get some early fall rain. Plus up at an elevation that high, you never know what it's going to do. This is where your feedback will come in handy to us **BUT**, might I add that every time I've been up there, I've never run into rain. It's either been sunny and beautiful, or overcast and a bit foggy but you can still see for miles and miles.

If you're not familiar with the area, have at look here, at the wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancamagus_Highway
    Or Here:
    http://gonewengland.about.com/od/nhs...kancamagus.htm

updates....
    Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
    heres a lil update on route I93 north that you might want to put in the first post of the page,

between exits 20 (tilton) and exit 32 (kanc) there are a few random lane closures and in fact, the bridge just before exit 32 is closed in the right lane. most of it is changed to a 55 mph zone due to some construction. it should be made a point to watch the speed limit so that the group wont get split up due to merging traffic and lane closures.

another common sense thing i just thought of, for like 40 miles of the kanc there is no gas station access so we should plan out a place in lincoln to stop where the main group can park and chill and all of the people who need gas can run across the street or next door or whatever to fuel up. i was thinking maybe the lincoln village shops because theres a station right across the street and plenty of parking.

maybe we could also start working on pinning a date. poll?
    Last edited by i-07; 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM.
    back at it again

saved for pics

pics of the kanc lol

google map of route will add the spot for the bbq later when i got up in aug lol

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...76346&t=h&z=11

a vid of part of it ...... not the best one lol

Last edited by i-07; 07-26-2010, 08:04 PM.
    back at it again

Comment

list of peeps lol

1: i-07
      2Jmetadelic
      3:Phalpin
      4:MtnBikeAah
      5:Zmanwit90Accord
      6:Scudweiser
      7:Chrisisiced
      8:Maple50175
      9:accordkid16
      10:H22WAGON93
      11:des0ne
      12:Accrdwgnguy
      13:speedfr3ak
      14:Ramx
      15:Accrdkid
      16:Leethal88
      17:Reignstarz
      18:daheavyking
      19:cb7'kid
      20:Clean-CB7
      21:dee88
      Last edited by i-07; 08-11-2010, 11:30 PM.
      back at it again

Comment

i would like to get more imput lol
        back at it again

Comment

lol my names on the list? i never agreed to this! take me off right now!

nah, really ive been to new hampshire 3 times because my brother goes to camp up there and i love the scenic drives. i would love to go again but i dunno with school and everything it depends. i have a GPS so getting up there is no problem, just the time and date.

keep my name on the list lol, i definitly want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
            lol my names on the list? i never agreed to this! take me off right now!

nah, really ive been to new hampshire 3 times because my brother goes to camp up there and i love the scenic drives. i would love to go again but i dunno with school and everything it depends. i have a GPS so getting up there is no problem, just the time and date.

keep my name on the list lol, i definitly want to go.
            yup i just got to set up the time and location of the start and i took your name from the other thread lol
            back at it again

Comment

lol new vid that has a better veiw of the route lol
              back at it again

Comment

the other end of the kanc headed west

more of the route we are taking lol

another place to cruise after we get to north conway lol

back at it again

Comment

more of huricane mtn rd the sad thing is it's kinda bump unless they fixed it lol

back at it again

Comment

I'm in sign me up...
                    - Lee

Comment

cool now to get more peeps lol
                      back at it again

Comment

if i can make a suggestion, we could start out further south on route 3 and take that up to the kanc, some good driving on rt3 as well! i just moved to plymouth so im getting a pretty good feel for the area up here, i will try to scout out some good starting spots

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                          if i can make a suggestion, we could start out further south on route 3 and take that up to the kanc, some good driving on rt3 as well! i just moved to plymouth so im getting a pretty good feel for the area up here, i will try to scout out some good starting spots
                          lol sweet man post up pics and wut not lol
                          back at it again

Comment

ohhh by then I should have the Malibu completed, if so I'm bringing it! Be taking it easy tho since I'll be breaking it in
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              ohhh by then I should have the Malibu completed, if so I'm bringing it! Be taking it easy tho since I'll be breaking it in
                              lol nice lol
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X