Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda Accord Exhaust Cutout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    You can install the cutout after the cat as well.
    there's honestly not much room after the cat.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting it's not just a straight run.

Comment

if i was u id best get the electric one..cuz u dnt wana be going down under the car doing it manually every time..just cut it on and cut it off when u like...but be careful of how the pigs from where ur from think of it...cuz sum are assholes and pull u over for that...cutouts usually for muscle cars id say...but i got a cuzin put one in his honda and ...lol yea u should get the cut outs...not that many ppl really have it on a accord....but its pretty chill. i was going to do it for my honda as well...but it cant even rev past 4000 rpms...and idk whats wrong wit it so whats the point lol

Comment

Originally posted by greatestmexican View Post
          if i was u id best get the electric one..cuz u dnt wana be going down under the car doing it manually every time..just cut it on and cut it off when u like...but be careful of how the pigs from where ur from think of it...cuz sum are assholes and pull u over for that...cutouts usually for muscle cars id say...but i got a cuzin put one in his honda and ...lol yea u should get the cut outs...not that many ppl really have it on a accord....but its pretty chill. i was going to do it for my honda as well...but it cant even rev past 4000 rpms...and idk whats wrong wit it so whats the point lol
          yea, id try and get that fixed.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

get a generic header on ebay, find a buddy who can weld
            cut off the collector of the ebay header and weld a 2.5" collector on it. then split the 2.5" pipe into two. one end going to the stock exhaust and the other to any ~2.5" throttle body(from junkyard).
            connect a vacuum diaphragm to the throttle body spring (like the diaphragm found on the F22A6/H23/H22 intake manifolds)
            connect the diaphragm to a vacuum source via an electronic check valve(like the honda evap purge solenoid)
            connect the check valve to a switch = you will be able to activate the exahust cutout via a switch on your dash

or even better, bisimoto header + what I described above = +30-40 horsepower in the topend easy
            Last edited by rexload; 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greatestmexican View Post
              Doesnt sound to hot bro haha

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              yea, id try and get that fixed.
              x2

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              get a generic header on ebay, find a buddy who can weld
              cut off the collector of the ebay header and weld a 2.5" collector on it. then split the 2.5" pipe into two. one end going to the stock exhaust and the other to any ~2.5" throttle body(from junkyard).
              connect a vacuum diaphragm to the throttle body spring (like the diaphragm found on the F22A6/H23/H22 intake manifolds)
              connect the diaphragm to a vacuum source via an electronic check valve(like the honda evap purge solenoid)
              connect the check valve to a switch = you will be able to activate the exahust cutout via a switch on your dash

or even better, bisimoto header + what I described above = +30-40 horsepower in the topend easy
              well bismoto headers seem quite pricey D:
              might just stick to my f22a4 header haha
              thanks for the input guys!
              ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Ah yeah, I keep forgetting it's not just a straight run.
                Nope it's possible deev. You can remove or bang up the heat shield but really it all depends on what style Cutout you get. I was going to get a "QTP style" DMH,Badlandz etc. but the only thing that stopped me from doing this was clearance issues these had and plus they tend to take a shit after awhile due to the puny motor and non-knife edged throttle plates. This is one reason that causes the exhaust leaks because too much carbon buildup over time causes the throttle door to "pack deposits" making it hard for it to close all the way.

They made several revisions but even with a stronger motor, it gets heat soaked and not everyone tends to get under the car to properly maintain the valve. Another reason why some of these kits aren't good is because you can "burn up" the motor from over working it. Some come with a rocker style switch so you have to count when the valve is closed or open... until recently there is controllers that time the opening and closing of the unit...

I ordered a custom 2.5 inch one and got it jethot coated. It bypasses my cat completely. It really helps if you have a 3-piece header like a Fujitsubo for example rather than the typical 2-piece. I wasn't fortunate with my header so I opted to modify my 2.5 exhaust. (cheapy Tsudo $200 mid-section exhaust anyways) and moved my cat a little further back to fit. I was so happy with the unit I bought a 3" waiting for a K-teller setup when the nasty motor finally goes in.....
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                X