Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need non-coffee-can direct-fit cat-back exhaust suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesE View Post
    My weekend track toy is a Impreza STi that I use to compete at Time Attack events. You can check it out at
    http://www.TakataTimeAttack.com.
    Those wheels are SICK!

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I'm expecting my setup to be a little on the loud side. The CC I bought is a CCQS high flow cat. It is a functional CC, but very low restriction.. so I'll be relying on the muffler to keep noise in check.

My weekend track toy is a Impreza STi that I use to compete at Time Attack events. You can check it out at
      http://www.TakataTimeAttack.com.
      Say what?!?? A tracked version of one of the coolest production cars around... very cool.

Any tips/secrets you could reveal to a junkyard-sponsored, about-to-be-tracked CRX driver?

EDIT: Also, that car you wrote about on the homepage of the link you provided... wasn't that the cover car on the final issue of sport compact car?
      Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 02-19-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

does any one thats been posting on here know if this is any good
        http://www.modacar.com/products/Hond...kage+%236.html
        yes im 15, yes my car and i are the same age, and not now but soon i will smoke you

Comment

Originally posted by cb7younggun View Post
          Yup
          Feeding trolls is my profession and hobby.
          I have the ability to speak and write the idiot language.
          Masters Degree on Trolling & Counter-Trolling

Comment

$1000????????????

OMGGGGGGGGGGG

U could get all that offbrand for less than $400. Total waste of money

Before u get all that, get an H23 IM.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

why would i ever buy off brand when i want real numbers
              yes im 15, yes my car and i are the same age, and not now but soon i will smoke you

Comment

If your CB7 is your pride-and-joy, your show car, your potentially magazine-feature-car-worthy car... then by all means, buy the name brand stuff. If on the other hand it is your weekend track toy or a fun daily driver, I don't see the value in the name brand exhaust. If we were talking engine internals, wheels, or another item of similar importance, then absoutely settle for nothing less than the best. But exhuast and intakes are relatively simple, and providing that you can accept 90% of the performance of a name brand, and are willing to put up with potential fit and finish issues, then saving 50% by purchasing an ebay special is the way to go.

Also keep in mind if you by this kit that you will still have the stock restrictive catalytic converter. (State law dependent) You can likely swap out the stock CC for a direct fit high flow cat. The headers are nice, but the biggest bottleneck in your system is the CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                  Buy a cheap ass exhaust from eBay (I got mine for $120 shipped). Have an exhaust shop weld on a new muffler. New muffler shouldn't be too much, and welding on a new muffler shoulding be more than $50.
                  Just like he said. and ill sell you my stock axle back muffler so you wouldnt have to take it to a shop to get anything welded.
                  Its just me

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
                    Any tips/secrets you could reveal to a junkyard-sponsored, about-to-be-tracked CRX driver?

EDIT: Also, that car you wrote about on the homepage of the link you provided... wasn't that the cover car on the final issue of sport compact car?
                    Junkyard sponsored? Well it sounds like you are on the right track already! The mistake a lot of guys make (myself included), is to buy a late model hot rod like an Impreza, Evo, 350Z, etc. with the intention of tracking it. It's all well and good if you have the bank roll, but affording all the performance parts in addition to a hefty monthly car payment makes it tough. Compounding the difficulty is that a lot of guys expect to daily drive that same car... which means that they are daily driving a rough riding, noisy, borderline street-legal race car. The better option is to buy an older dedicated car for a race car. A popular platform, such as the CRX, is preferred because new and used performance parts are readily available. In addition, most of the time someone else has already done the R&D, so you can build your car right the first time instead of experimenting and breaking parts every weekend. If you have some specific questions please send me a PM or start a new thread. I'm happy to help. I'm curious to find out what tires you plan to run. I will have some suggestions about that.

Yes, the Cusco Impreza was recently featured in a number of magazines. It is a seriously fast car, and it will be making more appearances at Time Attacks next year. Check out RedlineTimeAttack.com to find out when you might be able to see it (and me in my Impreza) in action.

Comment

A Megan Racing header makes just as good numbers as a DC Sports header, FACT.

An exhaust is a piece of pipe, a resonator and muffler. Why pay for a name?

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i live in alabama so noise isnt an issue with the cats

Comment

Junkyard sponsored? Well it sounds like you are on the right track already! The mistake a lot of guys make (myself included), is to buy a late model hot rod like an Impreza, Evo, 350Z, etc. with the intention of tracking it. It's all well and good if you have the bank roll, but affording all the performance parts in addition to a hefty monthly car payment makes it tough. Compounding the difficulty is that a lot of guys expect to daily drive that same car... which means that they are daily driving a rough riding, noisy, borderline street-legal race car. The better option is to buy an older dedicated car for a race car. A popular platform, such as the CRX, is preferred because new and used performance parts are readily available. In addition, most of the time someone else has already done the R&D, so you can build your car right the first time instead of experimenting and breaking parts every weekend. If you have some specific questions please send me a PM or start a new thread. I'm happy to help. I'm curious to find out what tires you plan to run. I will have some suggestions about that.

Yes, the Cusco Impreza was recently featured in a number of magazines. It is a seriously fast car, and it will be making more appearances at Time Attacks next year. Check out RedlineTimeAttack.com to find out when you might be able to see it (and me in my Impreza) in action.
                          www.redlinetimeattack.com bookmarked.

I am curious to hear about your curiousity regarding tires. Right now we're going to be running 205/50-15 Azenis RT-615s. I'll post up the build in the 'Other Automotive' section soon. I'll throw you a link to it when it's up.

Comment

Sending you a PM

Comment

Just bought a lightly used twin tip Magnaflow from Craigslist for $70. Looking forward to installing it.

Comment

Just installed the Magnaflow muffler and a "race cat". The exhaust is now WAY to loud. I'll post a YouTube soon. I'm going to swap the race cat out for an OEM cat, and see if that improves the situation. If not... Too bad because the magnaflow twin tip looks really nice peeking out the back of the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X