Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

WHat rotors other than the acura cl 2.3 can i use for the Rotor over hub mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHat rotors other than the acura cl 2.3 can i use for the Rotor over hub mod?

I want to do the ROH mod since 3 of my wheel studs need to be swapped out and lower ball joins need to be replaced but i cant find any acura cl 2.3 hubs. All I find are the bearings I need the hubs. Please if anyone knows any other hubs that are compatible please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177927 <MY BUILD PROGReSS
    Originally posted by deevergote
    it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

There are no other hubs that are compatible

But the parts brand new if you have to

Also acura 2.3 and 3.0CL hubs and bearings are the same. The 3.0 just has bigger brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Also acura 2.3 and 3.0CL hubs and bearings are the same. The 3.0 just has bigger brakes.
      Literrally the only ones I've found are for a 1997 CL 2.2 for about 75$ a piece with bearings. would those work?
      it won't be because cb7tuner told him to! It'll be because it's time to feed the trouser snake...

Comment

I bought my hubs from Bernardi Acura of Boston via the internet. I think i paid like 97 bucks per hub over a year or two ago.

Comment

I know this might be a stupid question but do the rear hubs work from the aacura cl 2.3-3.0

Comment

Originally posted by I-Deal214 View Post
            Literrally the only ones I've found are for a 1997 CL 2.2 for about 75$ a piece with bearings. would those work?
            No do not use the 97 acura CL hub parts

The 1997 acura CL ( both 2.2 and 3.0 ) are still HOR

You want 1998 to 1999 acura 2.3 / 3.0 CL hub / bearing parts

Comment

No do not use the 97 acura CL hub parts

The 1997 acura CL ( both 2.2 and 3.0 ) are still HOR

You want 1998 to 1999 acura 2.3 / 3.0 CL hub / bearing parts
              It was never specified in the threads i read about if you can use the rear hubs from the 98-99 cl or not is this possible?

Comment

It was never specified in the threads i read about if you can use the rear hubs from the 98-99 cl or not is this possible?
                I think the cl uses a bigger spindle so the rear hub wouldn't work. Why are you wanting to know about the rears?

Comment

Why do you want to use CL rear hubs?

The rear end of the accord is not HOR only the front is

Just use accord parts

I'd imagine they would work though because everything else is similar but im not 100% sure

Comment

Why do you want to use CL rear hubs?

The rear end of the accord is not HOR only the front is

Just use accord parts

I'd imagine they would work though because everything else is similar but im not 100% sure
                    Sorry i didnt elaborate on it but is it possible to use the cl rear hubs as the front accord hubs? I know it might be a dumb question but its worth a shot i cant find the front hubs anywere but the rear ones come out everytime.

Comment

Sorry i didnt elaborate on it but is it possible to use the cl rear hubs as the front accord hubs? I know it might be a dumb question but its worth a shot i cant find the front hubs anywere but the rear ones come out everytime.
                      No.... they're a totally different design. The rear hubs only work for the rear of the car. They have the bearing already inserter and slide over a spindle as opposed to the fronts which slide into the bearing and have splines to hold the axle. Try a jy and see if they have them. I know the pick a part here in Houston has a cl with what you'd need. One up there might as well.

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                        No.... they're a totally different design. The rear hubs only work for the rear of the car. They have the bearing already inserter and slide over a spindle as opposed to the fronts which slide into the bearing and have splines to hold the axle. Try a jy and see if they have them. I know the pick a part here in Houston has a cl with what you'd need. One up there might as well.
                        Dang I figured they wouldnt fit thank though i greately appreciate it.But seriously look online and you cant find these front hubs anywere at all I called the dealer and they are 135 a piece for the front hubs only so 270 for just the hubs ! plus taxes.. lol nop I know there is a cheaper way if not ill go to the junkyard and pray i find one.

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                          Yep

just stick to the CL front hubs and you're golden.

Comment

can you use the brakes off the CL? thanks

Comment

Yep

just stick to the CL front hubs and you're golden.

OK thanks for clearing that up man
                              Guess i just need to have patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X