What's the best hybrid on the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best hybrid on the market?

Just looking for opinions here. No real reason. Just curious.

I know hybrids suck, but there are a few out there that are at least a little interesting!

Let's keep the discussion to models currently available on the new car market today.

I think my top pick at the moment is probably the Hyundai Ioniq. Even the base model is decently equipped, and the $22,000 entry price is quite appealing. The thing is rated at nearly 60mpg, and it doesn't look half bad!
    For a cost of 10mpg and $4,000, the Accord hybrid is probably a close second.

If I wanted to spend big bucks, the Volvo S90 T8 is appealing (plug-in, though... bleh...) as is the Lexus LS500h.

Honestly, this is the only one I'm remotely interested in:

Hybrids just don't do it for me. That Volvo is an extremely handsome car, though... their whole range is, really.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I think the term best is dependent on the individual and purpose for which it will be used.
      As a cheap transportation method the Prius just cannot be beat.
      Then there are the latest waves of supercars that keep coming out, once again the term best is merely supported by one's fanboyism rather than actual use or factual evidence.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Toyota. Our 16’ awd rav4 gets 35mpg.

Comment

rlx sport hybrid. 400+hp lol
          COUPE K24

Comment

Regera.

But for mere mortals, the new Volt is very nice on paper. If you can charge it at work, you'd almost never have to buy gas.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

you don't really need a hybrid. I rented a 2018 Corolla while in Miami and was able to get 45mpg on a 300 mile roundtrip to Key West.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Are you looking at new or is used an option?

Comment

The new nsx, really a Porsche 918 if you can handle that kinda money. The reality best hybrid is the Prius though really I’m starting to see some old pruisiii out there. Same can’t be said for other hybrids. Well my neighbor has a Lexus 200h 5 door that’s pretty cool. Since it’s a Lexus Prius that’s the best hybrid.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                    Are you looking at new or is used an option?
                    Just new, for the sake of discussion. I'm not shopping. I have plenty of cars as it is. This was just something to talk about!

The NSX and 918 are definitely good ones.
                    I honestly forgot the RLX had the hybrid option! I've discovered that I genuinely like the sporty hybrid luxury vehicles. They may not be the best of anything, but they offer a great mix of everything. Cars like the RLX, Volvo S90, and Lexus LS500 in their hybrid trims provide massive power while still getting respectable fuel economy, and sacrificing no luxury.

Comment

In reality though if one is gonna drop the kind of money asociated with a 918 or NSX is it not just better to go all the way to a tesla? Or maybe even the car that Richard Hammond crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                        In reality though if one is gonna drop the kind of money asociated with a 918 or NSX is it not just better to go all the way to a tesla? Or maybe even the car that Richard Hammond crashed.
                        Because there is no comparing a Tesla to an NSX or 918. They might be fairly quick in a straight line but they are not sports cars and it's a nice thing to have an IC engine to move the vehicle when the Duracell's run out of juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                          Because there is no comparing a Tesla to an NSX or 918. They might be fairly quick in a straight line but they are not sports cars and it's a nice thing to have an IC engine to move the vehicle when the Duracell's run out of juice.
                          I though Tesla owners said that they were hand assembled by god himself and indestructible on top of anyhilating anything short of Vin Diesel's charger

Comment

What is the top rated MPG for a hybrid these days? Please don't say the Kia...

Comment

I think the Ioniq is currently the top dog in terms of mpg.

Comment

Working...
                              X