Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lemons Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemons Build thread

Thanks for letting me be a member and educating me on the platform. This is my first Honda car and I have been learning a ton through reading.

My buddy and I bought a 92 Accord 2r EX with 238k on it. Its an auto so it should be a total slug but fun. It runs great but the brakes are all shot on it.

Tear down

Brakes are all shot so new rotors, calipers, front hubs and bearings.

yup its a little rusty too

Getting all the weight out I can

Yank the AC components. That adds up to quite a bit of weight!

Comment

I have the condensor out to make room for a bigger radiator but have not gotten to the compressor yet. It needs a timing belt so that will happen when I change that out

Comment

That rust will reduce some weight, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Offroadr View Post
          I have the condensor out to make room for a bigger radiator but have not gotten to the compressor yet. It needs a timing belt so that will happen when I change that out
          As long as the fan is working I doubt you have a need for a bigger radiator. It was about 104 degrees at Thunderhill and we never had an issue with our stock radiator. At our last race it was much cooler but our temp sensor stopped working so the fans didn't come on and during a long red flag it nearly overheated.

BUT auto trannys will totally overheat under racing conditions. Plumb up a tranny fluid cooler and locate it where the condenser was. I have no idea how to do this but it should be done.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
            As long as the fan is working I doubt you have a need for a bigger radiator. It was about 104 degrees at Thunderhill and we never had an issue with our stock radiator. At our last race it was much cooler but our temp sensor stopped working so the fans didn't come on and during a long red flag it nearly overheated.

BUT auto trannys will totally overheat under racing conditions. Plumb up a tranny fluid cooler and locate it where the condenser was. I have no idea how to do this but it should be done.
            Ya I got an external tranny cooler, I am going with a bigger radiator just in case. I am putting the fans on a switch as well

Comment

A couple updates, bigger radiator is in.

installed with external transmission cooler

free fart can

new rotors and calipers, Hawk pads up front EBC in back

Comment

I took everyones advice and went with Nuespeed race springs. Should help some

in my buddies shop for the cage build. That's his twin turbo superbird replica build in the background getting a full 25.3 cage.

Comment

I assume you dont care about getting BS penalty laps? Springs, exhaust and radiator are going to push the car well over $500. I guess all that rust may offset that.
                  Last edited by Tishock; 06-08-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                    I assume you dont care about getting BS penalty laps? Springs, exhaust and radiator are going to push the car well over $500. I guess all that rust may offset that.
                    you know this website times out the login WAY TOO FAST. I wrote a nice reply and forgot to copy it before I hit send. I had been timed out and now I'm re-writing it. Here is approximately what I said...

The BS judges are not likely to care about the springs. Spray paint them flat black. They'll bounce the front corners and it won't seem too hard and they wont give it anymore thought. Now if you showed up with an E30 with cheaty suspension parts they'd give you hell. If you have bilstiens or koni yellows they'll give you hell. The radiator will get some attention since it is obviously not from a junkyard. But radiators don't make you go fast so they probably won't care. You'll get B class and zero laps. Hell with that auto-tranny they might give you C class. Slap a twin-cam VTEC motor in there and you'll be in A class for sure.

edit: thanks for the 2 comments below from ibus and deevergote, sorry I hijacked the thread a little
                    Last edited by ukemike; 06-10-2016, 11:30 AM.
                    ==========================
                    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

I never get timed out. Click :remember me: when you login. It works for me
                      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Exactly. 'remember me' and have cookies enabled. You won't get logged out. Ever.

Comment

I am still under $500 and have the docs to prove it 😀

Comment

Comment

I love these builds. So fun watching the CB get built into a racecar.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X