Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

LeMons update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LeMons update

We finished! That little car was tough! Not fast but ran great. We blew a tranny cooler line and puked all the fluid out, didn't hurt it, forgot to check the oil late on Saturday and ran it 2 quarts low, didn't hurt it. We ran the piss out of that car and learned alot. We were not out to win just have fun.

The car had great power and brakes but we had crap tires. Handling is the next big thing. We are all stock on alignment.

Thanks for the help to those on the board that had done this before.

Now I need to learn about upgrades haha. Lots of questions to come. power and handling!

gopro of some racing with a wreck in front of me in a corner. guy lost it and got t-boned by a Porsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=covCnkzBfOY

Comment

Now that is pretty cool! Any more details? Like how long or how many laps. Does that chute work?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Now that is pretty cool! Any more details? Like how long or how many laps. Does that chute work?
        We ran the entire race 10am - 6pm saturday, 9am - 3:30 sunday, 205 laps. We didnt pit fast at all, took time and checked over the car every pit. heat index was 110 so it was brutally hot. We underestimated how much fuel we would burn for sure. 85 cars, I think we finished 54th overall and like 20th in B class which is the biggest

Cant wait to do it again. The chute is real but just for looks, the team is all drag racers so that was out theme

Comment

Congratulations on finishing. That's huge!
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
            Congratulations on finishing. That's huge!
            Thanks, we didn't expect too

Comment

Originally posted by Offroadr View Post
              Thanks, we didn't expect too

Great job! Lemons races are so much fun huh?

As for upgrades you can make it handle well for not a lot of money, bilstein sports, and h&r race springs, then adjustable upper front control arms for ~3 degrees camber.

Then I think you should seriously look into a manual transmission swap. I've never done it but I cant imagine road racing with a slushbox

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
                Great job! Lemons races are so much fun huh?

As for upgrades you can make it handle well for not a lot of money, bilstein sports, and h&r race springs, then adjustable upper front control arms for ~3 degrees camber.

Then I think you should seriously look into a manual transmission swap. I've never done it but I cant imagine road racing with a slushbox
                I have the Nuespeed springs on it which helped immensly, very little body roll.

Shocks and upper control arms for sure, we manually shifted the trans which helped but still not as good as a manual. I have no idea what it would take to do a swap with linkage etc

Maybe I can find some guidance on here

Comment

I have no idea what it would take to do a swap with linkage etc

Give credit where credit is due. Read up.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=156847
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=DIY

The first link goes into more your question. The second link goes more into the possibility of putting a H23 transmission with the F22 5th gear in it.
                  This is great resource for that question.
                  Tishok and ChampCoupe thank you for the write ups. Helping more people than possibly we all know.

Comment

I have the Nuespeed springs on it which helped immensly, very little body roll.

Shocks and upper control arms for sure, we manually shifted the trans which helped but still not as good as a manual. I have no idea what it would take to do a swap with linkage etc

If you do get a manual don't bother with the stock Accord trans. Look for one from a prelude. In the transmission forum there is a sticky that lists the ratios of all the compatible transmissions. I think we got an M2A4 or an M2S4. Most of the preludes had tighter ratios and lower final drives. It makes a huge difference. We did the swap before our last race and on straights which used to be 2nd to 3rd and stay in third, now we see 2nd to 3rd to 4th, it makes a huge difference and you don't need a high top speed in lemons. I doubt the fastest cars get much over 110.

I'd be leery about any of the stock trans with limited slip differentials because they were the viscous fluid type and after about 60k miles they are essentially open differentials. If you can afford it and you have the expertise to take apart a transmission you might consider buying a real LSD, like a clutch plate type. Only a trans with an open diff can be modified with an aftermarket LSD. Cusco makes top end LSDs. They will transform your handling. The helical gear LSDs wont work if one tire has too little grip, so just when you need it, it won't be there. The clutch plate type is what you want for road racing.

WTF am I doing, giving away all my hard earned speed secrets!?!? Just don't tell the lemons judges. I don't want to be in A class.
                    ==========================
                    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Haha no problem. I dunno how serious we are gonna get. We may just improve what we have and go play again.

Comment

Working...
                      X