Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Turbo question F22A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo question F22A4

Hey everyone, before you tell me to do a search, I tried and its not working for some reason. So I just have one quick question:
    If I am running all stock internals on a newly rebuilt engine (F22A4) that only has 1000kms, how much boost can i go with, without causing any internal damage?
    Most people tell me about 5-7 psi...is that correct or can I go more?

Also, how much can i expect to pay for a turbo kit? and which one is the best?

SORRY again for asking these common questions again, but Im getting an error messege everytime I try to search.

Thank you!

Well, I would wait to break the engine in some more (probably to about 3000kms) before doing anything with the car.

Also, people say 8-10psi or whatever. That's misleading, it's not the amount of boost you run, it's the amount of power you make with that boost. Some people on here are making or have made around 350whp on 12 psi. Definitely out of stock F22A4 territory.

It would also be cheaper to piece together your own kit. A popular one is the DSM setup (14B turbo, DSM manifold, DSM 440cc injectors, DSM BOV, etc).
    With the 14B, if you get a decent tune, you should be perfectly safe on 6-8 psi or about 200-230whp. However, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT hotrod the car if you haven't tuned it after the turbo install. It only takes a few seconds to destroy an untuned engine.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

what he said ^ and also for future reference, if the search doesn't work for some reason use google and just type what you want to search for followed by site:www.cb7tuner.com. That will probably work better than the forum's search function lol

Comment

You need to keep the search simple... if you search for too detailed of a query, it'll give an error.

By "search", most people don't mean to click on that useless button... they mean to dig through the forums to find info that applies to your question.

I will eventually implement a Google search into the site. That will increase the effectiveness of the search button significantly.

As for boosting a freshly rebuilt engine, 5-7psi with a properly sized turbo would be fine. You still need to tune it correctly, however. You could probably run up to 10psi with a good turbo and a good tune.

I don't believe that there are any pre-made kits availible for us anymore. All the ones I've always known of seem to have vanished... our cars ARE getting old, afterall!

You can build your own system for less money anyway... and by the time you have everything complete, you will have a very valuable understanding of how the system should work. NO Honda owner should ever install a turbo without fully understanding how and why things do what they do.

Check out the cb7tuner.com bookstore here: www.cb7tuner.com/bookstore.htm
        I would recommend that you pick up Maximum Boost by Corky Bell, as well as Honda/Acura Engine Performance by Mike Kojima. Read those two books cover to cover, and you'll have a firm grasp on turbo (as well as a great starter knowledge on how to tune your car in general!)

Comment

thank you all for the help! I will try using the google next time...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the searching function. Never tought about using Google to search the site.

Check out ESP engine mount kits for your CB7!!!

Comment

Working...
            X