Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my name is vince and i got two cb7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my name is vince and i got two cb7's

one of my accords is automatic. ''just got it from some dude'' anyway. the starter dosent engage.. or theres no compression what so ever im just lookin to see if anyone has had this problem or can help me fish it out before i go dig'n into it. the guy had told me im gonna half to split the tranny from the motor to get to it.. HELP...

split the tranny to get to the starter?

only if you want to see it engage with the torque converter.

Honda blessed us with our starter location. I've never removed it, but from what I have seen, it's just two bolts holding it to the tranny you can easily access from the top of themotor.

no need to be taking apart anything

btw, welcome
    Last edited by CB7lx91; 07-08-2008, 08:09 AM.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

only reason to split the tranny would be to replace a clutch or the tranny itself but you have an auto therefore no need to separate

Comment

Just replace the starter dont seprerate anything to you Know for sure you have to

Comment

what they said^^^lol...welcome to the site
          92 4 Dr Ex-sold/91 civic hatch(bad head)/93 civic vx

Comment

are you sure it is your starter though?

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

well when i got it the guy had told me that a bolt had come out.. he tryed to show me thru the timing window but i didnt see shit. he was like your probably gonna half to split it to get that bolt.. in all honesty i think the was cracked out of his mind man. i have no idea where to even start on the car. the starter go's but its not turning the motor

Comment

Working...
              X