Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Road Rage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Rage

We all deal with it, that dumba** that didn't come to a full stop on his right-on-red with you oncoming doing well over his speed.

Or that guy that doesn't know how a middle turn lane works... Blinker>Move>Slow/Stop IN the turn lane.

How do you deal with it? I usually keep my cool unless I feel that they were endangering people's lives, then I just speed past with the one finger salute and put him in my rearview. (Sort of redundant.)

Sometimes if something like the first case happened, I'll pop it in neutral and rev-bomb them. (auto swag)

Works much faster and generally less irritating than laying on the horn.

What do you do? Road rage incidents/accidents? Ever had anyone actually get out of the car to confront you?

My town is filled with crime and scumbags, so naturally my Louisville Slugger sits right behind my seat... never had to use it. Yet.

Somewhat unrelated: Do you guys think passengers should be able to flip other drivers off or anything like that? I've always said, "You can be pissed off when you're driving." or "I don't need you to do that for me." It's not up to my passenger to pick and choose my enemies if you know what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Nine-Dee 2.2; 10-21-2017, 11:18 AM.

Some days I regret my actions. But at the same time I'll give mad respect to drivers who deserve it. Got your signal light on, I'll kindly let you in. Being a little cautious, i understand. Plates from out of area, got it. But I have no patience for the other idiots....

- Take a right on red without stopping and force me to slow down, and you looked at me while doing it
    - No idea how to use an on-ramp or off-ramp
    - No shoulder checking
    - See me coming 5 miles away and then you decide to pass the one car in front of you and complete the procedure as slow as possible
    - Left lane hog
    - Going 10-15 below the speed limit and you have 20 cars behind you
    - No signal what so ever...
    - Riding my bumper
    - Drivers who cut up the left lane and at the last second cut into the right lane line-up

Some people simply should not drive. They are not comfortable, nervous or too cautious. The no signal light thing really annoys me. Come on', it's 2" from your finger and it turns itself off!! How hard is it???

I just can't find the patience for these people. The best method I use to have semi-control is to imagine that it's my grandma's car and she is on her way somewhere. But other drivers who are disrespectful on purpose i hate the most.

Comment

I think I cause more road rage than I get. I have zero patience on the road. I flash left lane campers and do a lot of weaving. Americans are generally shitty drivers and I am just done dealing with people's BS. That said I do try to keep it somewhat sane.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Some days I regret my actions.
        This sums it up perfectly. I tend to get angry. I don't generally do anything dangerous, but my favorite finger often gets a workout, and my wife is probably sick of me yelling at people that can't hear me.

I got out of my car the other day. Not something I'd normally do, but someone cut me off as I was approaching a red light, blocked my lane as they attempted to force their way into the stopped traffic in the left turn lane, and the passenger picked the exact moment I was passing to spit out the window... onto my car.
        I stopped (to the chagrin of the people behind me), got out of my car, and was seriously about to do some damage. I couldn't tell if the kid was 25 or 16, though... and I didn't want to risk an altercation with a minor (he certainly acted like a child.) I'm NOT usually one to get out of my vehicle, but in this instance, I was seeing red.

I also flipped off a lady at my local gas station that decided go the wrong way (despite the "one way" sign that she had been staring at the entire time she was filling up, and the giant arrow painted on the ground...). I nearly got rear-ended because I had to stop to dodge her ass. She pulled around and she and her redneck boyfriend were REALLY pissed that I gave them the finger because they "didn't know it was one way". I'm pretty sure she went the wrong way AGAIN after circling around to yell at me.

Comment

Not worth getting out of the car down here. I'm in legal gun country, someone would be right to shoot me dead by law.

I have been thinking about going to therapy to deal with it. It's really just impatience. IT kind of permeates across my life. I don't have the attention span to watch TV anymore.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Not worth getting out of the car down here. I'm in legal gun country, someone would be right to shoot me dead by law.

I have been thinking about going to therapy to deal with it. It's really just impatience. IT kind of permeates across my life. I don't have the attention span to watch TV anymore.
            I feel the same way (well, not quite at the needing therapy point... but I need to chill!) It's not worth getting angry over. Still, I HATE when people don't have the sense to realize that they're not special, and their wants and needs don't entitle them to put my safety at risk. People are either selfish or thoroughly unaware of the world around them, and it is absolutely infuriating.

Comment

It pisses me off when someone driving like a jerkoff is too bust texting to even see my middle finger..i swear,sometimes i just wanna throw my beer at them
              Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
              dmfb919

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                  It pisses me off when someone driving like a jerkoff is too bust texting to even see my middle finger..i swear,sometimes i just wanna throw my beer at them
                  Ha! Waste of beer.

Comment

You guys should drive down here in Atlanta. We have the WORST drivers in the country...I'm willing to bet money on that.

I, 99&#37; of the time, don't get road rage because I am already aware that nobody knows how to drive and everybody will do something stupid, therefore I'm already mentally prepared for what's about to happen. My wife on the other hand...let's just say the percentages are flipped with her.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I can't say I do anything dangerous, and half the time it's not impatience, it's just wanting to open up my wimpy F22A1 so it can yell at people for me.

My girlfriend on the other hand, has a crazy issue about road-rage, it gets to the point where it distracts her from driving safely. I can't say I blame her half of the time because my town is filled with stupid people. She will flip someone off for a block and a half, distracting her from what's in front of her. It's okay to get angry when you drive but not when it interferes with you driving safely.

I let things go because I tend to go a little faster than the speed limit, so I put all my problems behind me. (Literally)

Comment

Gloryaccordy is what i like to refer to as Nascar drivers, that whole weaving thing is far more dangerous than a slow driver in the left lane; that sh8t has a place in racing but should be kept off the streets as i have personally watched weavers cause accidents over said behavior. I spend over 40 hours a week on the streets driving a vehicle with combined weight over 16k pounds and see all kinds of tragedy out there, i hate how we all complain over the way others drive yet seem to have our own way of endangering others as well, be as safe as you can and help others by keeping nonsense to a minimum afterall there are plenty idiots out there for us to join the idiocy out of rage for their lack of judgement. I make sure i always do a pre check of my vehicle, leave ahead of time, pick my lane accordingly to minimize lane changes thus minimizing risk, leave a safe distance between the cars around you according to weight, keep distractions to a minimum and the most impostant perhaps is learn to read other drivers out there. I have seen from head on collisions to people getting fished out of hillsides to know that all it takes is a split second to change your life or the life of someone else over something so stupid, best case scenario you die; worst case scenario you get to live the rest of your life knowing that you killed someone over something that could have been prevented.
                        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

People here in the triad area of NC generally can't drive worth a crap, everyone is always in a super huge hurry for NO reason at all. They will change lanes split second with no signal or warning, with less than a half car length of space FRONT AND REAR at highway speeds. It's aggrivating and dangerous but I don't let it get to me, (7 kids will teach you some patience), I just ignore the morons and continue along. Life is too short to be getting pissed at other people for being ignorant. It's pretty scary IMO how reckless people drive on our streets around America, but atleast it's not Russia!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I don't know how it is in the states but in Australia new drivers can be taught by your parents, friends, relatives (normal people). Then you take the driving test and you have your license to drive.

The problem here is that bad habits, poor driving practices or incorrect frame of minds can be passed onto the new generation. Such as the practice of late signaling to hide your intentions so your target position will not be blocked or taken. That is the start of the problem. Then others react by taking that act as disrespectful, then start to do the same then it becomes the norm, degrading the driving quality and harmony.

I may be wrong but I was told in Germany, they have dedicated professional driving instructors and only through them can you learn and pass. The German way reduces poor teaching and reduces passing on bad habits or poor driving practices.
                            Last edited by JDMDriver; 02-02-2018, 07:03 AM.
                            Rides:

Accord
                            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

In the US, kids learn from licensed drivers (usually parents and older siblings), and are encouraged to take lessons from licensed professsional teachers. Such lessons usually result in slightly lower insurance rates (a big deal where I live, as insurance is obscene here!)

Bad habits are definitely learned. My wife just mentioned last night that the next generation of drivers will be learning from the current generation that has been driving with cell phone in hand from day one! It’s scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X