F22Chris : 1991 GMC Sonoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
    Actually ALL T5 were weak from factory but the WC(world class) was slightly different from the regular T5(both came on F-bodies), the main difference however is that they sell upgrade kits for the World class version made to handle power levels equal to or surpassing those of the TKO. Then lets not forget the fact that the T5 weights about 77 pounds so for weight reduction this will be the way to go.
    I'm guessing they make a ford to sbc bellhousing then. It should be much easier finding a WC when we get to Texas. Foxes are scarce here.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      I'm guessing they make a ford to sbc bellhousing then. It should be much easier finding a WC when we get to Texas. Foxes are scarce here.
      F- bodies are camaros and trans-ams, the 91 Z28 i had came with a WC T5 from factory as it was optional to the normal T5. There is a forum dedicated to that specific generation cars that have a bunch of folks running T5 on built 350's and even a boosted 305 that have held up; i guess it depends on whether you get a diamond from factory or not. My car was putting well over 300lbtq at 3000rpm with toyo TQ and aluminum driveshaft and never had an issue. Those wheels will take 235/55r16 or 245/50r16 with 255/50r16 being the absolute best size for grip as well as having more options for drag radials. Depending on how much power you plan on putting down, the GM unit might be able to handle the power with a cheap factory upgrade being using the 3.42 LSD from camaro or Trans-am. Another tip i will give you is to source a WS6 quick steer gear-box.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

You should also look to see if you can use the later model LS powered camaro brake calipers on your truck as this is a popular mod for third generation camaros unless you can find the evr so elusive 1L3 brake kit which aside from being expensive as sh8t is also extremely hard to find.

Comment

I'm going to do the brakes when I swap the 6 for sure. I'm looking for 300-350hp. I've done some reading, and the t5 I have now can live up to 265ftlbs. I have to do some research on the WC, cause if I can do a rebuild with stronger parts to stand up to the power for less than a t56, I'm all over that. Learning experience and piece of mind sounds awesome.

I gotta see what I can use with the 5/6 drop for brakes. I'm sure I can find something.

More pics coming tomorrow of the drop.
          Last edited by F22Chris; 10-04-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I'm going to do the brake when I swap the 6 for sure. I'm looking for 300-350hp. I've done some reading, and the t5 I have now can live up to 265ftlbs. I have to do some research on the WC, cause if I can do a rebuild with stronger parts to stand up to the power for less than a t56, I'm all over that. Learning experience and piece of mind sounds awesome.

I gotta see what I can use with the 5/6 drop for brakes. I'm sure I can find something.

More pics coming tomorrow of the drop.
            Price wise the T5 upgrade is about the same as a stock T56 there is however the compatibility as a plus since I believe the T56 is a tad longer than T5 and slight fitment isdues

Comment

Parts

2" Spindles, lower arm, upper ball joints, 3" springs

Tie rods, center link, idler arm

3" Drop leafs and 3" blocks.

I'm letting it settle before I show the drop. Going to do the alignment tomorrow after I take the bumpstops/bracket thing off the frame. Going out on Monday for the TA wheels. I'm still waiting on the stuff to settle so I can get an accurate measurement for tire size. After that, hopefully some Belltech Nitro 2's.

Comment

They settled a good bit.

Comment

I might have to take a trip to GPTC and see this in person. Wow she looks good!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Wait till I get the wheels though!

Comment

you have to polish the lip on them GTA wheels too, i had a set of Crown vic mesh wheels on a Grand Marquis and the polished lip made them look a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I'm polishing the whole wheel. They're gonna be dirty when i get them for sure.

Comment

I'm polishing the whole wheel. They're gonna be dirty when i get them for sure.
                          gold on black looks awesome, black on black is not bad either. Engine wise the choices are endless, from a turbo 4.3 to 8.1 litters of pure torque!

Comment

Super gross.. I need a good cleaner. Elbow grease just isn't enough.

After two hours of sanding just one wheel lip. From 80 to 1500. Yet to polish it.

These were disgusting! Well worth $75 though.

Comment

Those look like the late 70s early 80s TA wheels is the backspace the same?

Comment

My fingers hurt just looking at those.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X