Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uncle_el
    the s2k wheels aren't as wide, but have a high offset (not sure if it is +65 or not). makes me think that at the very least, it would be cutting it close. it would be interesting to see if they could work though.
    sorry, i believe they are indeed +65

make it happen Busted

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
      timmy0tool has a set of wheels that are 8" wide with a +58 offset and a 225 series tire, and they won't fit for driving.
      the specs are correct but actually today i found out that they DO fit, but only in the front (the knuckles in the rear come closer to the outside). i used a 5mm spacer and it was barely rubbing against the knuckles. and i mean barely like i can only slide a piece of paper between the tire and knuckle.

i don't think s2k wheels will fit without major modification. prove me wrong someone ! busted?
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

stupid thread hijackers!

anyway mauricio did most his rear disc and 5lug conversions last night... almost done... hes been taking pics so he will have pics to post soon

busy guy hasnt even had time to post in his own thread really which i remind you all, this wasnt my conversion, i just helped with it. so stop giving me all the credit
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-08-2005, 09:03 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

GOSHHHH!!!!!!! stop giving him all the credit.... my lips hurt. mike can u bring me chapstick. goshhh its hurts!!!!!!

Comment

bump! where is the update?!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

wheer is the update?

Comment

whenever mauricio decides to jack up his car and take the wheels off and take lots of pictures... otherwise i cant do much!

Current cars:

Comment

Maurico come on man! Your my item accord swap boy! lol

Comment

how much will this 5lug conversion cost in parts
                    我愛我的本田

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      Maurico come on man! Your my item accord swap boy! lol
                      haha lol i can take pics but then its a hassle to lift the car up with the stock jack (on one side) then wait for the front to go higher to put a regular jack in the middle. if i can get in a shop and lift if i can definitly take as many pictures. so the pics are gunna wait. i know it helps more but the write up is word to word!

Originally posted by charlie0882004
                      how much will this 5lug conversion cost in parts
                      and i dont know how much separately. i got lucky and found a 99 prelude that was wrecked. so i bought it and split the cost with a friend. he took the motor and i took the shell and everything else. it was like $700 for the shell and everything. but i sold quite a few things so that I ended up having to pay like $150.

maury

Comment

Nice writeup. As for the S2k Rims you will need four fronts. Some dude with an Acura Integra on HT ran the 00 5 spokes. I read that a while back but i never seen it done for our accord chassis.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

one quick question....... where do you think the positive camber issue came from? The upper control arms or perhaps the way it mounts to the lowers?

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords
                            one quick question....... where do you think the positive camber issue came from? The upper control arms or perhaps the way it mounts to the lowers?
                            thats a good question, hard to tell really... from comparing, it looked like the upper control arms were the same, so its probably the lower control arms... the prelude LCA's were more curved and shorter as compared to the accord ones, so that obviously means they are anchored to a different spot on the crossmember... without measuring i couldnt tell you positively, but my assumption is the ball joint hole on the accord LCA is a little further in than where the prelude one would have been. then that would make you wonder, how are the wheels pushed so far outward then (enough to require a longer axle on the driver side) ?? difference in the curve of the knuckles from what i could tell.

Current cars:

Comment

well...... I found some prelude knuckles locally, so I'm going to try that route because the + camber is a plus in my opinion. I am however going to see if a machine shop can do the LCAs to fit the ball joint..... I'll let you know if I figure anything out in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                                Nice writeup. As for the S2k Rims you will need four fronts. Some dude with an Acura Integra on HT ran the 00 5 spokes. I read that a while back but i never seen it done for our accord chassis.
                                You don't have to run all fronts; it's probably better to do so though. I only say this because I've seen a 6th Gen Accord V6 with S2000 wheels. He had the 16x6.5" in the front and the 16x7.5" in the rear and had the same tire size on all four wheels. When I drove the car at work, it didn't feel right, but I only got the car up to like ~12mph. (I was driving it around the building for a carwash). I talked to the owner and he said they work fine, but I don't think he knew much. He said the previous owner put them on the car. I wish I could have driven the car on the highway to really feel what was going on that didn't seem right.

Anyway here are the pictures:

RIP:
                                1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                                1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                                Currently daily:
                                1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

Working...
                                X