Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22A questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A questions

hi im new to this site and just have a few questions, any info would help!!

I have a 91 accord with 94 H22A swap. runs and drive great! i have the stock ECU not in the car. Idk whats in it for the ecu now but its chipped with hondata s100 or s300 i think the s300. The cars throwing a cel after its been started for a while.. about 5 min. its code 9 and i think that has to do with a sensor in the dizzy? do i just have to buy a whole new internal dizzy like
    ( http://www.xenocron.com/prelude-h22a...d60-p-210.html )

or could it just be the different chipped ecu causing the problem? when i get the chance im gunna clear the code and try running the stock ecu.

second question, do aftermarket headers match up with the rest of the exhaust? i have stock headers going to stock flexpipe all prelude style, then to aftermarket cat-less exhaust for the accord. and that all bolts up. if i buy headers and flexpipe for prelude will it bolt up still as is?

sorry if i dont make sense any info will help!

Originally posted by jimbo34 View Post
    hi im new to this site and just have a few questions, any info would help!!

I have a 91 accord with 94 H22A swap. runs and drive great! i have the stock ECU not in the car. Idk whats in it for the ecu now but its chipped with hondata s100 or s300 i think the s300. The cars throwing a cel after its been started for a while.. about 5 min. its code 9 and i think that has to do with a sensor in the dizzy? do i just have to buy a whole new internal dizzy like
    ( http://www.xenocron.com/prelude-h22a...d60-p-210.html )

or could it just be the different chipped ecu causing the problem? when i get the chance im gunna clear the code and try running the stock ecu.

second question, do aftermarket headers match up with the rest of the exhaust? i have stock headers going to stock flexpipe all prelude style, then to aftermarket cat-less exhaust for the accord. and that all bolts up. if i buy headers and flexpipe for prelude will it bolt up still as is?

sorry if i dont make sense any info will help!
    Yes to the second answer if the prelude header is not '96 and up.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

thank you i hope your right and im not wasting 300 bucks =) its a 94 h22a header bolting up to 91 accord catt.

Comment

thank you i hope your right and im not wasting 300 bucks =) its a 94 h22a header bolting up to 91 accord catt.
        I'm right. Not a waste. This is covered in the swap guide sticky as well
        I'm running the prelude Greddy header and downpipe on mine. Bolts right up to the stock cat.

My swap thread

Comment

Your chipped ECU needs to be tuned. If you don't have the money to have it properly tuned, then you should be running a P13.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Your chipped ECU needs to be tuned. If you don't have the money to have it properly tuned, then you should be running a P13.
            i have the money, and i was planning on bringing it to a dyno to get it tuned again after i get a new header.

tunning will fix my cel 9 tho? im not so sure about that lol cuz it has a map loaded for that engine in it already im pretty sure. and wouldnt it run like shit untuned?

Comment

Your H22 header is not going to bolt up to the Accord cat. You would need the H22 cat in order for it to bolt up to the Accord exhaust.

Comment

cat what is this that you guys speak of??? cut it out weld in a piece of straight pipe...ive done a few exhaust setups and have yet to see one bolt in with out having to do some cutting or tweaking..

Comment

Originally posted by DRQPQUT View Post
                  cat what is this that you guys speak of??? cut it out weld in a piece of straight pipe...ive done a few exhaust setups and have yet to see one bolt in with out having to do some cutting or tweaking..
                  Unfortunately, there are states that require your vehicle to have a catalytic converter in order to pass state inspection. And as far as bolt up exhaust, the only thing I had to do is adjust the exhaust hangers, no cutting or modification needed.
                  Last edited by 4U2H8ME; 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

yeah i figured there needed to be some tweaking for it to fit. and i have a catless exhaust right now but its not passing emissions that way =(

no ideas on the crazy check engine madness? lol

Comment

bump! still need help with the CEL

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
                        Your H22 header is not going to bolt up to the Accord cat. You would need the H22 cat in order for it to bolt up to the Accord exhaust.
                        That is not true at all. Only the JDM header with down pipe won't bolt up. Any USDM aftermarket H22 downpipe bolts up perfectly.

Taken from the swap bible sticky that neither of you guys read.......
                        Originally posted by BustedLX
                        Exhaust:
                        For the H22A the USDM 93-96 Vtec manifold will bolt right up to the CB7 Exhaust. However the JDM H22A down pipe seems to have larger flange that will not bolt up to the CB7 cat. You can either cut and weld a new flange or the easiest route would be just purchase an aftermarket header for the 93-96 Vtec Prelude. Redrilling three new holes in the larger JDM downpipe flange will also make it so it fits.

* When installing an H22A4 (97+ USDM H22A) I have heard that in some cases, the header rubs the front crossmember. You will need to grind down the front crossmember in this case.

For other engines such as an F22B1, of course a header and downpipe that matches the motor will need to be used, but the downpipe will not properly match up to the cat, it will be too long. Custom exhaust work will be required.
                        Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 01-08-2010, 12:23 AM.

My swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                          That is not true at all. Only the JDM header with down pipe won't bolt up. Any USDM aftermarket H22 downpipe bolts up perfectly.
                          Thank you. I was about to trip out when I saw that.

I'm glad I live in MI, no emissions FTW!
                          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Thanks for all the help!! =)

Comment

Well I have the obx-r H22 header, and I had to buy a prelude cat
                              because it would not bolt up to the accord cat. so any usdm aftermarket H22 header is not going to bolt up.
                              Last edited by 4U2H8ME; 01-08-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X