Best Alignment Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Alignment Number

So I am finally upgrading my adjustments with my new suspension set up but I need to know what dregree of camber and toe I would need to get the best out of my suspention...I know it would take some dialing in but what would be a good base to start with? I don't have caster adjustment, but I have rear camberk kit, rear toebar, and front camber kits

Toe-

For the track, you want to get 0 or toe out by upto 2-3mm at the rear. 0 at the front.
    For the road, you want 1-2mm toe in at the rear and 0 at the front

Camber-

For the track,you want to get neg 3 degrees around there front and rear.
    For the road, you want to get 0-1 neg degrees front and rear.

This is my suggestion, not a fact.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

how does the rear end of your car act with those adjustments? I have the 22mm rear sway bar with ground control coilovers and I can have a bit of oversteer through a corner.

Comment

my settings are much like was mentioned above for track driving, -2.6f -2r camber, 0 toe f+r or a slight toe out for the tighter tracks, all depends on how the car and track conditions feel.
        1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
        newer race video,older race videos
        1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
        1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Originally posted by Jack93prj View Post
          how does the rear end of your car act with those adjustments? I have the 22mm rear sway bar with ground control coilovers and I can have a bit of oversteer through a corner.
          That is an aggressive setup, so the rear will dance a tad on the straights, but turn in will be excellent, it takes some of the turning stress out of the front tyres, reducing understeer.

with the stiff rear setup you have, 22mm and ground controls, id say, dont run too much toe out at the rear, probs go 1mm toe out or 0mm.

Remember the rear toes in under load on our cars.
          Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 02-12-2012, 06:54 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

OK Thanks Guys, most of our tracks are tight since we don't have a large venue. but I will get that all adjusted and post my times as soon as I get on the track

Comment

There is no Best Alignment numbers. Its all trial and error until you find the right setting for your driving style. I suggest getting a conservative alignment, get to know your car and go from there. Getting an aggressive alignment WILL bruise your confidence and might get you in trouble if your driving is not up to par. Don't forget that your car will handle according to what tires you use.
              Last edited by Dirtyrice; 02-16-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Also pay attention to your PSI in your tires as well....

Comment

Working...
                X