Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Computer and wideband o2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer and wideband o2

When installing a computer with fuel to ratio tuning, is a wideband 02 sensor all you need to be able to adjust the ratio of fuel to air or is there's something I don't know of

Originally posted by JTL_91CB7 View Post
    When installing a computer with fuel to ratio tuning, is a wideband 02 sensor all you need to be able to adjust the ratio of fuel to air or is there's something I don't know of
    Technically yes, and a programmed ECU. But obviously you need the other components required to reach stoichiometric pressure at all rpm levels (WG, BOV, boost controller, injectors, MAP, etc, etc.)

Comment

Break it up into three categories, Hardware, software and mechanical

Your hardware will be the physical tuning solution such as a Hondata chip and the appropriate ECU (from my understanding the stock ecu is not supported by Hondata but may be by other companies)

The software will be the programs needed to actually tune and communicate with the ECU such as Smanager (for Hondata) and it's driver.

The mechanical will be hard parts such as a wideband O2, making sure your car will be able to get enough fuel via the fuel pump and injectors.

So in short figure out your goals and research what is needed for those to happen.

*edit* and if you are going to be boosted the things listed by Raf99 are also essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
        Break it up into three categories, Hardware, software and mechanical

Your hardware will be the physical tuning solution such as a Hondata chip and the appropriate ECU (from my understanding the stock ecu is not supported by Hondata but may be by other companies)

The software will be the programs needed to actually tune and communicate with the ECU such as Smanager (for Hondata) and it's driver.

The mechanical will be hard parts such as a wideband O2, making sure your car will be able to get enough fuel via the fuel pump and injectors.

So in short figure out your goals and research what is needed for those to happen.

*edit* and if you are going to be boosted the things listed by Raf99 are also essential.
        Do stock injectors have the capability to be tuned? With a wide pan o2. I am putting on f22a6 manifold runners with the h23 plenum and throttle body, so I want to tuned the fuel/air ratio, would I have to get aftermarket fuel system to do so? Also, if I put I only an aftermarket pump would that do me any justice by itself?

Comment

Do stock injectors have the capability to be tuned? With a wide pan o2. I am putting on f22a6 manifold runners with the h23 plenum and throttle body, so I want to tuned the fuel/air ratio, would I have to get aftermarket fuel system to do so? Also, if I put I only an aftermarket pump would that do me any justice by itself?
          Yes. But you see where this is going. The point of a tune is that you are adding power and thus you are upgrading parts. OEM injectors don't get ya far when adding a turbo, etc. As Bunta mentioned ..........."So in short figure out your goals and research what is needed for those to happen."

Comment

Stock injectors and boost are a dangerous combination. You want to be able to send enough fuel to the engine without running the injectors to their absolute limit.
            90&#37; if a turbo build is learning before you buy or install parts.

If you’re not going turbo, you’re not going to need upgraded injectors or a tunable ecu at least until you install a fairly sizable camshaft or do some significant internal work.
            Granted, it’s not a bad idea to learn how to tune using a near-stock f22a. If that’s your plan, then yes, the stock injectors will work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Stock injectors and boost are a dangerous combination. You want to be able to send enough fuel to the engine without running the injectors to their absolute limit.
              90&#37; if a turbo build is learning before you buy or install parts.

If you’re not going turbo, you’re not going to need upgraded injectors or a tunable ecu at least until you install a fairly sizable camshaft or do some significant internal work.
              Granted, it’s not a bad idea to learn how to tune using a near-stock f22a. If that’s your plan, then yes, the stock injectors will work just fine.
              Aweseome thank you! I don't plan on boosting any time soon, but with the intake setup I want to do the plenum is larger and the throttle body is also 4mm bigger. Nothing crazy but at times my car can rich rich and sometime lean, I do only have one o2 sensor right now
              Last edited by JTL_91CB7; 10-23-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Aweseome thank you! I don't plan on boosting any time soon, but with the intake setup I want to do the plenum is larger and the throttle body is also 4mm bigger. Nothing crazy but at times my car can rich rich and sometime lean, I do only have one o2 sensor right now
                ya, there's only so much correcting the OEM ECU can do.

Comment

Working...
                X