Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tail light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail light question

What's up everyone, I was wondering if the tail lights out of the CB7's will be interchangeable with my wagon's tail lights. I want to change the look of them with some new ones from ebay but none of them are compatible with my CB9, are the setups different or will they work without any modifications.

Edit: wasn't sure if this was in the right place or not so sorry if mods have to move me somewhere else and I couldn't find any info elsewhere.

This is the right place.

Unfortunately, there are no wagon-compatible lights other than the ones that came on it.
    One thing people have done with cool results has been to use vinyl stripes on the lights. I think Mesa makes a kit.

Comment

Outside of that, grafting sheet metal from a different model is really your only option. There was a wagon floating around a few years ago that had '92-'93 coupe rear taillights on it. The owner had to have grafted sheet metal from that trunk lid onto the lift gate of the wagon to get it to fit. It looked great, though! The wagons have the same taillight plastic as the '90-'91 cars and the '92-'93 coupe taillights really updated the look while still looking very OEM. It looked like what Honda should have made.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

These things can be used to create a fairly convincing "red/clear" effect when applied over the amber portions. I saw it done on a CB9 on Facebook long ago, but I don't recall who did it. I can't find any pictures of that particular car, or any CB9... but this is what the owner used.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Outside of that, grafting sheet metal from a different model is really your only option. There was a wagon floating around a few years ago that had '92-'93 coupe rear taillights on it. The owner had to have grafted sheet metal from that trunk lid onto the lift gate of the wagon to get it to fit. It looked great, though! The wagons have the same taillight plastic as the '90-'91 cars and the '92-'93 coupe taillights really updated the look while still looking very OEM. It looked like what Honda should have made.
          It was accord driver's car

Unfortunately due to Photobucket's stupidity, the best way I can link the photo is this clickable link that should work.

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...NjMzMw==/?ref=

Comment

RIP to anyone's phone who clicks that link on a mobile browser.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Even the PB link doesn't seem to show the picture!

Google this:
              "accord driver" site:cb7tuner.com

and look at the image results. You can still see it from there. The 92-93 style lights look good on the wagon!

Comment

Working...
              X