Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering springs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's covered - OEM tie rods are Senkei 555. Adjustable ball joints should be ONLY SPC or Ingalls if you can find it new.

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys for that. I appreciate the complete honesty and the details given. I truly appreciate the fact that you are concerned about the safety of your members instead of just sending them on an unsafe path.
      So it's now apparent that I'll be waiting another month or so, which is absolutely fine with me.
      And since my budget has gone up 3 fold or so I am DEFINITELY going to get the F&F Type 1's.

It's also apparent to me that quite a few people want to take the short way to style. And eventually suffer in some form or fashion.
      Not this guy.
      I want the style and performance but I want it done correctly.
      Thanks guys.
      My Project, My Concept
      1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Comment

F&F is not a legitimate suspension company. They do not engineer or manufacture anything.

I wish you luck. I'm out.

Comment

I hope the setup I just bought does my car justice. I got Skunk2 Adjustable coil sleeves and Skunk2 Sport Shocks/Struts. At $675.00 I hope that it was a good deal and I also hope the performance of them are up to par.
          I'll post up pics of before and after. They should be in this week. We'll see.
          Thanks for all the info and help guys.
          My Project, My Concept
          1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Comment

Skunk2 stuff is total garbage. Among the worst available. They're pretty much just overpriced generic "eBay" parts.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Skunk2 stuff is total garbage. Among the worst available. They're pretty much just overpriced generic "eBay" parts.
              I don't know Deev, they look to be of good Chinese quality. Sitting here looking at the set, he could have done worse. At least he has a company that would warranty them if something does go wrong within the first 90 days...

But for $700... ouch. I don't want to plug sh*t I'm selling, but I've been trying to unload almost the exact same setup for $300-$320. Calling it a 'better than blown struts' combo deal.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the drop. Not sure how happy you'll be with the ride...
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I can't think of one positive review I've ever read for the Skunk2 shocks on the Accord chassis.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My favorite part of all of these threads, is how we recommend a certain setup, for roughly the same cost as what people are looking at other stuff. Then they go buy Chinese shit and ignore all of the good information and reply's we have given them. It just NEVER seems to fail.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by mysticivics View Post
                    I want the style and performance but I want it done correctly.
                    Thanks guys.
                    Koni Yellows

$570

Plus
                    GC Sleeves and Springs

$370

=

$940

Only $265 more than the Skunk2s...and a hell of a lot better set up.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I don't totally blame this guy for that poor choice. Sure, I think they're garbage. This comes from all of the reviews I've read and the fact that I know Skunk2 to be a company that cares more about Instagram followers these days, than actually developing many good parts. When it comes to suspension components, which I know damn well they don't make themselves, I'd make a hard pass. But, for some people, the Skunk2 name is what grabs them. It's a very well-known company and by some logic, well-known should mean quality. Very few companies stick around long enough to make a name for themselves while making inferior products. Bisimoto is an exception.

So while we all agree that Skunk2 shocks are garbage and that there are FAR superior parts out there, there's a chance that he thought he was making the "quality" decision when he purchased them. I agree that he should have done more research and come to a different purchase decision, but I don't think this choice represents him ignoring the advice he was given. This is more of a "shame on Skunk2" type of situation for sullying your own name by even selling this stuff you know is garbage.

Mysticivics, you messed up. Multiple members have had these and had similar results to some of the VERY cheap shocks available for these cars. I don't know who Skunk2 has making these shocks, but they're not well-made. The reason Koni yellows are suggested over and over is because they are one of the VERY few options for this car that work as this niche aftermarket wants them to. As Deev says, they are just fine beyond a 1.5" drop. This isn't because of their superior quality, but because of their physical construction. They are shorter-bodied and they have two snap ring notches in the body to adjust where the spring perch positioning is. This allows you some additional flexibility in ride heigh, even with static springs. They also feature adjustable dampening knobs to allow you to fine-tune the comfort based on the spring rate you decide to go with.

There aren't many shocks I would choose over Koni yellows. I own three different sets of them. One for my CB Accord to replace Tein Super Streets, one on my CLS6, one for my fiancee's '99 Legacy postal wagon and even a bonus set of STR.ts that came on an Accord I bought from a friend. There are just too many positive testimonials out there to ignore.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I still say f&f are good quality, ive yet to hear anything bad about them and i know people still rocking them on the cg5 chassis since 2011 with no issues... im so confused right now...

Comment

Accordlove, have you run them personally? They're bouncy. Real real bouncy.

OP, I hope you got a good batch. The springs are known to break.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                            Accordlove, have you run them personally? They're bouncy. Real real bouncy.

OP, I hope you got a good batch. The springs are known to break.
                            not personally but i've been in cars with them and the ride was good, wasnt really bouncy. maybe they bounce more on the cb7?

Comment

Hearing nothing bad does not quantify quality.

For instance, I have not heard anything good about F&F coilovers other than price. Most everyone comments on how good the car looks with them installed, but no actual comments on ride quality, steering response, or anything else associated with having a proper strut/spring combination.
                              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

And here is where the subjective part kicks in. Mysticivics, you are the only one who can judge the actual ride quality. You may like them, you may not know what "good" or "bad" suspension feels like.

Sometimes we may get caught up on horror stories and worst case scenarios, but it's for your safety. Always consider what if when buying suspension components.

Performance is an objective measurement. If you have reached your end goal of dropping the car, then great! No input needed here. If you plan to do any competitive or even spirited driving then... well I'll let you research that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X