No announcement yet.

SUSP: Front 5-lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but the lug pattern is the same exact thing. right? some of the older mustangs have the 4x114.3 lug pattern don't they?
    91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

isn't it???
      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

can anyone explain the difference in the Type SH and base prelude knuckles?

Comment

So wait

Will the Odyssey hub bolt up into the Accord bearing + knuckle?

What I'm getting at is, do we really need the Odyssey knuckles?

They have the same axle splines & diameter. I wouldn't be surprised if the hub to knuckle bolt pattern was the same as well. Only issue would be calipers- but you can get the wagon/Legend calipers + mounts to fit on our knuckles...

???

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

- no the odyssey bearing does NOT fit in the accord knuckle i tryed
            - odyssey spindle opening is bigger than the accord. and the accord opening also has a lip in the opening

- the odyssey hub will NOT fit in the accord bearing
            the only way i could see the odyssey hub fit into the accord bearing would be to have it machined to fit

you will need the odyssey knuckles

the accord calipers will work but you will need the t25 caliper bracket

Comment

^ good info there! clear most of my confusion up. bump, i updated the first page with better pics!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Keep in mind that I don't have a 4th gen Accord, I have a 5th gen. I think you can use a 5th gen V6 knuckle or 5th gen wagon knuckle instead of an Odyssey knuckle. I think I read somewhere that the wagon/V6 bearing may be the same as the Odyssey bearing. None of this has been verified though. I just went the easy route and used the complete Odyssey knuckle (knuckle, hub, and bearing).
                Last edited by Bird333; 09-30-2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                  can anyone explain the difference in the Type SH and base prelude knuckles?
                  SH knuckle is way different... 2 LBJs, different tie rod connection placement, basically doesn't work. However, 4th & 5th gen Prelude hubs are interchangable in front, so if you get a good deal on SH knuckles you can find 4th gen knuckles for cheap and get the hubs switched...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Sorry for this revival, but I did the ROH conversion with CL hubs, accord bearings, prelude vtec/accord v6/accord wagon rotors and calipers...the 11.1" rotors.

I can get odyssey knuckles, hubs, and bearings, and my current calipers and brackets will bolt up to this correct?
                    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

does'nt the hub from the Acura RL fit the accord bearing? read something like that on mycb7.com, wouldn't that be faster, cheaper too? i was kinda bummed that i found that out few days after i got new rotors and bearings because i could of just gotten RL rotors and buy new hub with it

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                        does'nt the hub from the Acura RL fit the accord bearing? read something like that on mycb7.com, wouldn't that be faster, cheaper too? i was kinda bummed that i found that out few days after i got new rotors and bearings because i could of just gotten RL rotors and buy new hub with it
                        Jersey got the 5 lug game on lock.

Comment

Are those RDX wheels???

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                            Are those RDX wheels???
                            '08 RL's

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
                              '08 RL's
                              Ah ok I thought the RL/Odyssey wheels were 5x120. Good shit

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Ah ok I thought the RL/Odyssey wheels were 5x120. Good shit
                                They are .

Comment

Working...
                                X