Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Window Motor Broken. Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Motor Broken. Need Advice

When I went roll up my window, it stopped then when I put it back down to try it again it made a harsh grinding sound, every 3 inches or so it would move then make the sound, then I had to assist it moving up. So my question is would I need a whole new motor or regulator?

Most likely, you will need to replace one or the other. I've always replaced the motor and regulator as a unit.
    It's possible that the mounting screws came loose. My window had that problem, and I spent a LONG time "helping" it up and down. As I did that, the screws sawed away at the mounting holes. I may never again be able to properly align my window regulator thanks to that damage... meaning I'll be replacing my door and repainting my car for a third time!

Comment

Instead of just describing sounds and symptoms your best bet is to pull the panel off and see what's damaged.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ive replaced my rear driver side window motor and regulator twice. Now I just dont roll down my back windows. But o'riley's has a lifetime warranty on their window regulators. Its actually cheaper to buy the regulator and motor instead of just the motor by itself. Save the broken one you get some money back for it

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I wanted to get some feedback before I started to rip the door panel off, and I wasn't sure if O'Reilly carried it, thanks for the tips.

Comment

RockAuto has them fairly cheap as well... though the one I have that caused damage came from there. I don't know for certain if it was the regulator or my installation of it that was to blame, though.

Pull the panel. You have to one way or another anyway, whether it's to adjust or replace.

Comment

I lube all my windows every other oil change, it rolls up just like new, never had a problem. The silicon and lithium grease are cheap from Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                RockAuto has them fairly cheap as well... though the one I have that caused damage came from there. I don't know for certain if it was the regulator or my installation of it that was to blame, though.

Pull the panel. You have to one way or another anyway, whether it's to adjust or replace.
                Alright, I will be careful with installation, got it!

Comment

Working...
                X