Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newbie questions about turbo setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe I'm a buy once kinda guy. Cheaper parts like radiators and such I buy the best and leave it at that. Though it is overkill for 250-300 hp.

Better safe than sorry.

And I've never used any standalone ecus, I hear the plug n play aem series 2 ems is well rounded. About $1200 a pop though.

Comment

The largest, most efficient radiator that can fit is never a bad choice on a turbo car.

AC fitment depends on where the manifold puts the turbo. A standard log manifold will usually plop the turbo/downpipe right in the way of the AC system, so the AC has to be pulled. It's not that difficult to fabricate a manifold that will change the mounting location of the turbo. Room is limited, but there's enough to play with where the turbo goes. Bisimoto is not the only option (in fact, there's nothing Bisimoto offers that can't be found elsewhere for a turbo system.)

As for a block guard, no. They warp cylinders. That's something even Bisi himself has said. On an open deck engine, it's fine to make modest power on completely stock sleeves. I'd trust stock sleeves about as far as 350whp before I got concerned. Beyond that, a full sleeve would be largely beneficial anyway.
      Also, beyond that... putting the power to the ground would be damn difficult.

Comment

well coming from a guy who is turbo on a stock block,if you got the funds then build it fully even if your aiming for small hp numbers.the reason why i say this is because atleast you have room for more power come the time you decide to.(and it will boost is drug).also i have a 300whp stock with turbo and this is like what my 5th motor in a year that i had the car.lol.that turbo you have is way to big to use in our cars unless a built motor is behind it..try a standard t3 t4 50-57 trim turbo.good power starts boost rather low and has room for improvement.

my new turbo build

Comment

Do you know if you are going to need axles? Just something to look into, I am not sure how much the stock ones can hold.

Comment

Stock axles will hold to a point, depending on how hard the car is pushed (if you don't launch it, it'll last longer.)
            Gator and Driveshaft Shop both make decent axles for our cars, I believe. I'd go with Gator, after reading some shameful things about DS.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Stock axles will hold to a point, depending on how hard the car is pushed (if you don't launch it, it'll last longer.)
              Gator and Driveshaft Shop both make decent axles for our cars, I believe. I'd go with Gator, after reading some shameful things about DS.
              What have you heard? And Thanks I haven't heard of Gator before!

Comment

Somebody had a REALLY bad experience with DS axles, and they went through pains to correct the problem. Contacted the company via phone and email... nothing. Posted a complaint on a forum, and the owner of the company basically bashed him publicly. At least as far as I remember. Look on Google for it... it should be around to read still.

Comment

Okay thanks, my theory is like yours, if they can't own up to it and comply with the customer and act rationally, then there is no point in dealing with them. Definitely going for Gator's now, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X