Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

**FITMENT PICS ADDED**

Okay guys, I just recently swapped a Prelude type S cluster into my 1990 CB7, and I couldn't find a DIY when I was searching around, so here it is.

**WARNING: I've been told that the wiring is different on LX & DX and 92-93 models, so I'm not so sure if you want to try this. But will work fine with EX or EX-R.**

Also, this format was used from the following link, as I found it easy to comprehend, and it also provides the wiring for a Prelude cluster in a 5th gen accord:

http://board.accordtuner.com/showthread.php?p=454970

Accord................Function....................Prelude
    __________________________________________________ ______

A1 (Blue).........................Tachometer......... ..............B5 Blue

A3 (Black).........................Ground............ ................See Note(1)

A4 (Yellow).........................Power............ .................See Note(2)

A6 (Orange)........Speed Sensor (Speedometer)..........B3 Blue/White
    ................................Odometer/Trip Circuit.....................................

A9 (Red)........................Dash Brightness...................See Note(3)

A10 (Red/Black)..........Guage Lights (Switch)..............See Note(3)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B6 (Red).....................Coolant Temp Guage..............C10 Yellow/Green

B9 (Black/White)....................Dome.................... .....See Note(4)

B10 (Green/Red)................Rt. Front door...................See Note(4)

B14 (Green/Red)...............Low Fuel Sensor...............C11 Lt. Green/Red

B15 (Yellow/White)...............Fuel Guage....................A12 Yellow/Blue

B19 (Green/Yellow).............Lt. Rear door....................See Note(4)

B20 (Green/Blue)................Lt. Front door...................See Note(4)

B21 (Green/Black).........Trunk Light/Latch Switch.........B12 Orange

B22 (Green/White)...............Rt.Rear door....................See Note(4)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C1 (Yellow/Red).............Oil Pressure Warning.............C7 Yellow/Red

C3 (Yellow)...............................Power...... .................See Note(2)

C4 (Red).........................Cruise Control Unit..............A11 Blue/Black

C6 (Red/Green)..........High Beam Indicator Light.........B1 Red/Yellow

C7 (Red/Blue).....................Lighting Switch................See Note(3)

C8 (Black/Yellow)..........Charge Warning Light.............B9 Black/Yellow

C9 (White/Blue)............Charge Warning Light..............C1 White/Blue

C10 (Green/Red).......................CEL.................... ........B16 Grey/Red

C11 (Green/Blue)..............L. Turn Signal......................A6 Green/Blue

C12 (Green/Yellow)...........R. Turn Signal......................A7 Green/Yellow

C13 (Black)............................Ground......... .................See Note(1)

C14 (Green/Red)...............Parking Brake......................A5 Green/Red

C15 (Blue/Red)...........ALB Control Unit (ABS)................C6 Blue/White

C16 (Red/Black)......Lighting Switch (Dimming)...............See Note(3)

And FOR THE AUTO GUYS...

B3 (Green/White)................Park........................ ....D6 Black/Blue

B1 (Green/Red)................Reverse....................... ......D5 White

B11 (Green)......................Neutral.............. ................D4 Red

B12 (Green/Black).................D4......................... .......D3 Yellow (NOT A POWER WIRE)

B13 (Green/Blue)..................D3......................... .......D2 Green

B16 (Green/Lt Yello)...............2............................ ......D1 Blue

B17 (Green/White).................1.......................... ......D16 Brown
    __________________________________________________ _____

Notes:

Note(1): All solid black wires are grounds, there should be 4 in all (2 from the accord cluster & 2 from the prelude) so just connect them all together.

Note(2): All solid yellow wires are power, should be 3 from each cluster to give 6 in total, and once again, just connect them all together.

Note(3): The solid red & red/black wires indicated all deal with the lighting. All of the solid reds go together, and all of the red/black wires go together.

Note(4) Since the prelude cluster does not indicate doors separately, all of the wires for the doors and the dome light are wired together

Conclusion & Ending notes:

So any left over wires can just be taped up, as there will be quite a few, so don't be scared...lol, especially for the M/T guys. If you're A/T by any chance and want to do the swap, just msg me & I'll go through the wiring diagrams and figure it out for you. As for the ALB, I believe that refers to the ABS, or at least that's what I was told, so if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know so that I can correct it. So that's that...any questions just PM me. CHEERS

Some day pics...

and at Night...

So here are the fitment pics. There is a little side gap, not really a big deal.

Cutout to allow cluster to go in further...

Rubber backing to protect back of cluster...

Cluster fitted...

Last edited by '90 H22 CB7; 06-22-2008, 07:55 PM. Reason: FITMENT
    I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Was This Chart Made For A Cb7?

You Know The Wiris Are Different Dependding On Year...90-91-92-93

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

yea, the chart was made for a cb7 and I fixed the year.

Comment

got any pics of this?

Comment

Pics added . There is a little fitment issue, but should be fixed soon.

Comment

i got my cluster already.. i need a chart for a 93 ex though....

But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

If you could find me an online service manual...I could help you out. Do you have the service manual yourself? Because it'd be easy to figure out the wiring if you did.

Comment

nope no manual.. i will see what i can find... atleast i got the bb6 half of the scamatics now

Comment

Looks pretty nice but what's about the fitting issue?
                  NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Should just need to cut out holes to accomodate for the new positions of the plugs...that's all that's keeping it sticking out. I'll post pics after I mod for fitment.

Comment

im might be able to get a m/t cluster for pretty cheap will it work in my a/t car

Backyard Customs
                      Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
                      why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
                      Building Fund: $0
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Personally, I think it would still work, it just wouldn't display what gear you're in. Anyone else want to shed light on this?

Comment

m/t and a/t have different plugs for the CB. 90 M/T and 90 A/T plugs are different and pins are different.
                          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Are you sure? Because the wiring diagram I used had the A/T wiring. It was a '91 accord service manual btw.
                            Last edited by '90 H22 CB7; 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Fitment Pics Added

Comment

Working...
                              X