Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much did you buy your CB7 for? And how much have you spent on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1500 in 2007 got her with alot of goodies
    Aem intake
    Aem fuel rail
    Ws2 cat back
    Side n rear skirt
    Dc header
    Strong f22a4 (on p12)
    Tints

I've spent about $3700 on the following:
    Rims work Vs xx 4x114.3x7 may 2011
    Paint in progress
    Alpine DVD player 2011
    Red clear tails 2010
    Jdm 1 piece heads 2010
    H22 overhaul and swap 2010
    Various seals n gaskets n suspension components 2009
    Subs n amp 2009
    Viper 5701 3way alarm 2007

And more to come, funny when a cb's running good she tempts u to spend on her...
    Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 06-25-2011, 10:48 PM.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

90-EX (green one) I payed 1700 for and I spent like 800+ on it
      91-SE I Payed 2000 and I have 200 in to it.
      90 EX (shell) traded a 4gen Ipod touch plus $75 cash. I have more in to the engine/tranny going in.
      Last edited by thepowderblue; 07-24-2011, 06:24 PM.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Bought a 90' EX 5spd with 247k miles for 700...yeah lots of wear and tear and it shows.

Within the last two days:

-130 for Upper control arms with upper balljoints
        -40 for Lower balljoints
        -30 for rotors
        -20 for pads
        -90 for rear motor mount
        -28 for emissions
        -24 for radio bracket for aftermarket headunit
        -32 for MTF and tube seals at dealer
        -32 for speaker covers, 2 motor mounts, ashtray, fuel door, lug wrench

Total, since June 13, 2011: $1190 but this car is my daily which I drive 65 miles a day in, sometimes in heavy rush hour traffic, so i need it to be very dependable and safe, so I think spending the extra money is worth it.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

W/all the money I spent (and lost) on my 5 cars I could have had an M3 or something

If I could impart any knowledge to new CBers it would be to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Only go for the best. Lay out a clear path/plan for your build. Figure out what mods are appropriate for your end goal (i.e. its prob not realistic to build a 600WHP daily driver). Did I mention to only go for the best? In other words DON'T CHEAP OUT. You buy shit parts, one of two things happen... you do all the work + pay to install them and come away disappointed, or something breaks and you are deeper in the hole than you started. If possible link up with other CB7Tuners and see how their mods are. LISTEN TO THE O.G.s. Head swaps on stock F22A blocks are generally bad ideas for beginners. Etc. etc.

For noobs it's best to stick to the basics for the first go round... save all the dreams for the second build after you've got your hands dirty & know what you really want.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            W/all the money I spent (and lost) on my 5 cars I could have had an M3 or something

If I could impart any knowledge to new CBers it would be to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. Only go for the best. Lay out a clear path/plan for your build. Figure out what mods are appropriate for your end goal (i.e. its prob not realistic to build a 600WHP daily driver). Did I mention to only go for the best? In other words DON'T CHEAP OUT. You buy shit parts, one of two things happen... you do all the work + pay to install them and come away disappointed, or something breaks and you are deeper in the hole than you started. If possible link up with other CB7Tuners and see how their mods are. LISTEN TO THE O.G.s. Head swaps on stock F22A blocks are generally bad ideas for beginners. Etc. etc.

For noobs it's best to stick to the basics for the first go round... save all the dreams for the second build after you've got your hands dirty & know what you really want.
            Very thoughtful for u
            Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Price for my 1992 EX 4 door auto.

I bought my 92 EX 4 dr automatic in Nov 05 for $1800 Cdn. Wasn't worried that it had 373,000 kms. I knew it would keep running.
              Almost six years later and it's still going strong. Yup, I've done a couple of things to it over the years.
              In 2006, for $125, I swapped the rear end with drums over to discs. Much better. I later spent a few dollars on a proportioning valve from an Integra--all junkyard parts, btw.
              I've done the front brakes a few times (the car now has 580 K on it). These costs are all minor compared to monthly car payments! I'll take maintenance costs on an Accord anyday!
              In 2008, I towed a much too large trailer from Calgary to Windsor and the automatic tranny didn't like it one bit! Haha, I used some Lucas Oil for a few more months in it and eventually found a 91 EXR Coupe to steal parts from. Seeing how my 92 had 514 K on it then, the 91 had 258 K on it, I might as well swap the whole drivetrain. I paid $200 for that car and I took nearly every part I could off of it and incorporated it into my 92. I spent nearly $200 just to get my A/C working again. (oh yea, it was worth it).
              In 2010, I spent about $200 in repairs on my car. This year, I've spent much more--doors with windows that work, tires, all four brakes, tie rod, exhaust, etc. (Now my blower motor is acting up) but it's still the best car I've ever owned. My car sure isn't bling, but it's mine!!

My car has it's own Facebook page... check it out! "Honda Jeff"
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...s&id=551951296
              YEP. I AM Canadian.
              1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

I'm on my third and by far it's the cheapest one yet. $180 bucks for a 92 exr. I've spent maybe $3-400 in the last three months on rims and brakes wheel bearings and exhaust. Stuff is cheap when you work at a shop. It's a one owner with a dent in the hood where the old lady I bought if from drove into a garbage truck(and lost her license) but it's not that bad, and it does have a little bit of rust on the rear quarters. I spent 10k on my first one in 99 or 2000, it was an exr also and 1200 on my second one five years ago. I don't have either of the other ones anymore but my first one was super nice.

Comment

First Car: My CB7

Price: Free..sort of... (compensation for replacing the head gaskets on an old chrysler mini-van)<PITA BTW

Cost of Upgrades/Maintenance Items: ~$900.00

The Joy of still driving my first car: Priceless

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Paid $1,100 cash for mine after seller paid for engine swap when motor seized on same day as purchase.

Probably threw about $1500 into her after that. This was back in 2000/2001.

Miss her to this day and am planning on buying another soon, preferably from a knowledgable board member thats looking to sell.

Comment

92 accord coupe EX 5 speed, $2800
                      wheels and tires: $1200
                      seat covers: $40
                      front strut bar: $40
                      K&N filter: $75

Comment

$500 for my current '91 EXR sedan

$150 for a running 91 SE sedan

$300 for the POS EXR coupe

$300 for the 93 SE coupe out of the JY

$700 for a 91 EXR sedan

$300 for a 91 LX sedan

$800 for my first 91 SE sedan.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                          i spent $1400 for my cb back on june 24, 2006 it doesnt need any body work cept the hood now thanks to my f20b and my stock P/S bracket lol it got a few bumps in the hood now ive spent about 3k so far on my cb

$1700 for f20b which includes all the parts i bought to swap it in myself
                          $1200 for the suspension which i just finished(still got more to do to it to make it all good lol)

lets see konigs

Future stuff
                          complete overhaul and a few major installs....$4000-7000+ hehe but shes gonna be a beast when im done

wow guess i should update this list a tid bit

$1700 Dohc F20b w/ all perts needed to install first time
                          $ 2500 Dohc f20b rebuild/ build
                          $500 M2F4 trans
                          $250 JDM one piece headlights
                          $250 GSquare Grill
                          $200 JDM fogs
                          $300 Xenon mild front lip
                          $4-500 Tanabe hyper medallion super exhaust
                          $2000 on other odds n ends haha

ok now that was my previous setup now here my new one

$1800 RB25DET/Trans..................Wait what
                          $250 S13 rear sub frame and Vlsd
                          $850 Accord CF4 SIR-T front end

that's about it so far
                          Last edited by almostJDM; 07-26-2011, 09:45 PM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                          1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread
                          Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

paid 3500 for it about 7 years ago and dont know how much i spent. dont want to keep track. Im sure its not as bad as i am thinking. Since most of the motors i have gone through were free. i would say around the 6-7k so far on it.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I paid $550 for mine and haven't spent any money on it yet.
                              My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

I've been riding in my cb7 since I was an embryo. It was a hand me down from my mom. I'm 20 now . Since I've got the car I've spent around $3000 in 5 years mostly on maintenance.
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Comment

Working...
                                X