No announcement yet.

LED underglow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig it. Post up when you get it in and situated.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
      Yo dawg, I heard you liked neons.

Gotta have clean carpeting if you do that!
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Gotta have clean carpeting if you do that!
        Oh c'mon...there's what, a fleck of dust on the tunnel!

Comment

Oh c'mon...there's what, a fleck of dust on the tunnel!
          lol I think Fleetw00d meant just in general not neccessarily directed at you AccordWarrior. That is one clean interior you have there by the way.
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

The instructions for these things are awful, as any that come with Chinese electronics tend to be. The translation is so bad, it's basically unusable.

Installation Method:
            1. Will be fixed in the car lights around the right end left position (car inside also can), hen each docking with the main box (standard connector).
            2. The main line by the red and black line ext car batteries, respectively, (small lamp power can be), Red line door braking power or switching power supply.
            3. Try to use the remote control and the flashing mode switching power supply, as by remote control no response to light please check box control light receiving antenna is suspended or re-open the powerbox

Seriously. Those are the instructions.

It has two red wires and one black. The black and thicker red wires are supposed to go on the negative and positive battery terminals. The thinner red wire is apparently supposed to go to a brake or door switch, though I really don't know why.

My battery is in the trunk, but I have a switched 12v connector under the hood (that has a 10a fuse, I believe.) I may use that for power, and run a 3a fuse to it. Just tape off the 2nd red wire and hope it works.

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote;3265430]The instructions for these things are awful, as any that come with Chinese electronics tend to be. The translation is so bad, it's basically unusable.

I hear people praise Apple products so much, I wonder if that is the case with their products too since they are also made in China.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The instructions for these things are awful, as any that come with Chinese electronics tend to be. The translation is so bad, it's basically unusable.

Installation Method:
                1. Will be fixed in the car lights around the right end left position (car inside also can), hen each docking with the main box (standard connector).
                2. The main line by the red and black line ext car batteries, respectively, (small lamp power can be), Red line door braking power or switching power supply.
                3. Try to use the remote control and the flashing mode switching power supply, as by remote control no response to light please check box control light receiving antenna is suspended or re-open the powerbox

Seriously. Those are the instructions.

It has two red wires and one black. The black and thicker red wires are supposed to go on the negative and positive battery terminals. The thinner red wire is apparently supposed to go to a brake or door switch, though I really don't know why.

My battery is in the trunk, but I have a switched 12v connector under the hood (that has a 10a fuse, I believe.) I may use that for power, and run a 3a fuse to it. Just tape off the 2nd red wire and hope it works.
                haha. i remember when i was young i did interior neon lights, but got them from walmart. Not even 3 months later they started burning out and I regretted ever doing them. I think even if you got these installed they are so cheap they wouldn't last a month or three.

So now.., just use them as x-mas lights

Comment

definitely making a comeback tho. dunno if that is a good thing or not
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

[QUOTE=Crankshaft;3265433]

I hear people praise Apple products so much, I wonder if that is the case with their products too since they are also made in China.
                    Nope...there is good Made in China...and there is bad Made in China. Depends on how much they want to pay.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

[QUOTE=sonikaccord;3265476]
                      Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post

Nope...there is good Made in China...and there is bad Made in China. Depends on how much they want to pay.
                      Its the exact point i was trying to make, i hear people talk about chinese made products all day but truth is many high end companies are having products made in china nowadays; Apple, Red wing, Dr Martens etc.

Comment

Exactly. I don't expect these to be among the quality Chinese products. The Chinese are just as capable as anyone else of producing high quality products. They are also well known for producing low quality products at insanely low prices. For stuff where the quality doesn't matter all that much, or where the absurdly low price is affordable enough to take a risk, that stuff is great. These LED lights fall into both categories for me. They MAY work for a long time, or they MAY blow out in a month. They may not even work properly right out of the box, honestly! Though if that happens, the seller is going to get negative feedback, unless I either get a refund or another set (that works.)

I'm going to grab some automotive double sided tape and an inline fuse holder with a 3amp fuse. I MIGHT need to spend a couple bucks on an extension harness (might not need it on my tiny car.) Once I get another warm, dry day, I'll hopefully get it all situated!
                        I'm excited. I know underglow is "ricey", but I think it's cool. Since my Miata doesn't really need any modification... certainly none that I can readily afford at the moment... this gives me something fun to do with it!

Comment

I can't believe someone older than 20 is trying this!
                          Show us some pics when you get it working! I want some!
                          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

It was the thing to do when I was 20!
                            Actually, that might have been out of style even then. Neons (which is what they all were back then... no LED) were "rice" by the time I got into cars (around 2001). Basically, the original Fast and the Furious resulted in that look being played out to any "real" enthusiast. Strangely, just like with body kits, it's making a comeback. It's different once again, and the old farts like me get all nostalgic when they see the stuff that was splashed all over magazine covers years ago.

I've been looking into add-a-fuse adapters for power. I want to find the cleanest, safest way to power these things.

Comment

It was the thing to do when I was 20!
                              Actually, that might have been out of style even then. Neons (which is what they all were back then... no LED) were "rice" by the time I got into cars (around 2001). Basically, the original Fast and the Furious resulted in that look being played out to any "real" enthusiast. Strangely, just like with body kits, it's making a comeback. It's different once again, and the old farts like me get all nostalgic when they see the stuff that was splashed all over magazine covers years ago.

I've been looking into add-a-fuse adapters for power. I want to find the cleanest, safest way to power these things.
                              Drive up to MA. I'll do it for you.

Comment

Yo dawg, I heard you liked neons.

Damn this looks good!! I was always a fan of how the blue looks on the interior.
                                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                                X