INT: OEM style amber light conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    No, my system was needlessly complex and overly elaborate LOL! If I had it to do over again, I would do pretty much what you suggested though.
    you can still do it from the outside though right? just need to peel that plastic cover and knobs off and walla! you can access those blue filters...cmon scott...you don't strike me as the lazy type haha.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      you can still do it from the outside though right? just need to peel that plastic cover and knobs off and walla! you can access those blue filters...cmon scott...you don't strike me as the lazy type haha.
      Don't assume I didn't already think of that. The problem isn't my motivation level. It is the amount of glue I used to put that face back on. It would be liable to break or damage it, and it isn't worth it, as what I have done now accomplishes the exact same thing. So now that it works the same, and isn't going to fail anytime soon, there is no benefit to the effort. I am not lazy, I just don't waste time doing things I don't have to...

OK. I guess that sort of makes me lazy.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

How do i get the speed o meter gauges to be amber? or what ever color i want them to be.

I opened it up today and put 2 layers of red suran wrap around the twist lights in the back, still now what i want them to look like, the milage looks tight but the meters are pink, i want full bright amber.

please help!

and how do any of you propose we get to the console

<br>
        new sig coming soon. Ive done a lot since i was last on here.!

Comment

Got all my Ambering done! looks great

Here's some pics of how the buttons come apart, just so you don't break em' esp. the Cruise/Sunroof switch.

^^behind the cruise switch...I used my friends all in one tool that had a really flat prying tool

^^^sunroof switch....pretty difficult since its a rocker switch, so be careful when prying...but it comes off the same way as the cruise switch (outside button just clips on). As you can see I broke mine, but you guys have the benefit of knowing how it comes off. I eventually got another from the JY and replaced the white plastic part so its all good now.

^^4 pieces total in it, the black trim part rocks on the white part and the white part clips into the cruise/sunroof housing...but make sure you put it back the same way it came out, esp. the top black part that says roof on it...since it pushes on two buttons from the back you'll see when you turn it over.

^^^unique filter I had to cut out lol

^^^this is how I colored the T5 bulbs for the ignition, ashtray and cig lighter..SHARPIE! works excellent

^^amber color matches the rest of the filters perfectly

^^ashtray

cig lighter bulb

GOOD LUCK on yours!
          Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-21-2009, 03:50 AM.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

can i color all the bulbs with orange sharpie besides buying LEDs??
            1992 Accord EX

Comment

does anyone have pics of the cluster? like apart and how you colored and what you colored? that would be great! thanks!
              The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
              James 4:7
              Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Add one person to the Amber gauge club soon!
                This writeup is GREAT! tks oweQ

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                  does anyone have pics of the cluster? like apart and how you colored and what you colored? that would be great! thanks!
                  i dont have pics of it apart but i just took it apart and colored everything with a orange sharpie. nd then i took the bulbs and colored them with the sharpie too.. here are the only pics i have(i did kinda crappy job though)

1992 Accord EX

Comment

When I did my amber, I didn't make any filters for the switches, I just pulled out the blue parts and colored the bulbs. At first I used Chevy Orange engine paint, they came out a reddish-orange color when lit. Then I discovered that sharpies are way easier and cleaner. I did make filters for behind the knobs out of clear plastic from a juice bottle colored with the sharpie. I couldn't find any folders that were a deep orange color.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom View Post
                      Add one person to the Amber gauge club soon!
                      This writeup is GREAT! tks oweQ
                      No problem, hope it helps you out!
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by metruis02 View Post
                        i dont have pics of it apart but i just took it apart and colored everything with a orange sharpie. nd then i took the bulbs and colored them with the sharpie too.. here are the only pics i have(i did kinda crappy job though)

Thanks for the pics. why does it look so red though? can any one answer that?

Im curious to know, what color is the cruise supposed to be when lit up as in when you push the button?

Comment

ok, im mad. i did everything the way evryone explained. but for some reason. my climate control switches dont light up, and my dimmer isnt working properly, i have to give it a love tap for it to light up. WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
                            ok, im mad. i did everything the way evryone explained. but for some reason. my climate control switches dont light up, and my dimmer isnt working properly, i have to give it a love tap for it to light up. WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?!?!?!
                            its most likely your bulbs that are going out. Try getting new bulbs and see if that helps.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

the camera makes it look more red than it is....it looks a whole lot better in person at night....
                              1992 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                its most likely your bulbs that are going out. Try getting new bulbs and see if that helps.
                                but you know the climate control buttons only have one bulb per button. the little indicator turns on, but the icon doesnt light up, do you get me? idk if i explained it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X