Clutch depressed but still engaged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch depressed but still engaged.

I bought a stage 1 xtd clutch at the same time as my friend, and when they arrived we noticed that my throw out bearing was the same deminsions as the stock one but his was a bit thicker. We installed them on our cars and while I was at it I replaced the fork, and slave cylinder. His car shifts fine, but mine... Not so much. I can turn the car on without it in gear and when I try to put it in gear it's like the clutch isn't disengaging enough and when I crank it while in gear and the clutch fully depressed it lurches forward. I've bled the system, adjusted the pedal and have some free play at the top of the pedal. What could cause this? The throw out bearing was my guess since it's thinner but idk. Help?

Still needs some help. Anyone? I've bled it again with a one person brake bleeder and got a little air out but it still lurches forward. Please?

Comment

Did you align everything? Can you disengage the clutch by hand when you pull on the clutch fork? How does the clutch pedal feel? Light? Heavy? etc.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The clutch pedal feels normal, I cannot disengage it when I use my hand. It looks like the clutch fork moves about 1.5 inches when the pedal is fully depressed. I was waiting a good month for parts and I heard the clutch could've froze but after trying different methods I've had no luck.

Comment

So I took the transmission out and put in the new throw out bearing which was a small bit thicker than the one that came with the clutch kit and I put it back on and it helped. Then I took off the starter and saw that the pressure plate bolt was loose and I checked the rest but only 3 were loose. I put lock tight on them and torqued them down and it fixed my problem for now.

Comment

It sounds like you might have air in your clutch line. Try bleeding it some more and make sure your slave cylinder isn't going bad.

Comment

Quick tip: For others with this issue

Raise the car, so that both front wheels are off the ground. Now start the car in neutral. The wheels will spin on their own, but very very slowly. If they're spinning quickly, then the issue is your clutch and not the hydraulics.

Comment

Working...
              X