Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWEET.

Comment

Well, this was totally weird, but I participated in a car show called "Hot Rods on the Green" at my church. I had a great time, actually, I just never thought I would ever actually do this.

I didn't really fit in, but people were interested in the car.

The engine bay looks pretty good with the AC sub-harness gone!

Last edited by af_1132; 07-05-2015, 01:23 PM.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Did you get any questions from older folks that you would presume to mainly be interested in the truly old classics?

Comment

Yes, they all could not believe I drag race it rather than use it for auto cross.

Because of the connections I made, me and my friend will be racing with a 10 second (capable of 9's) dragster on August 5th. We will be like his crew, but we will also get to race our creations.

I had the privilege of helping the two guys on either side of me get their cars ready for the show last week. The '67 has an LR4 swap with 89k miles and a 4 speed overdrive trans. The '30 has a loaner model A 4 cylinder while he refurbishes the stock motor. The blue C10 will be drag racing as well!

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Cool! It's nice when you can meet other enthusiasts.

Comment

true true... i read at least 8 pages

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I really do admire your ambition that is on display via your interactions with us on this site. You set out with very lofty goals in the beginning and most probably passed you off as a dreamer. When I saw 9s as your goal, I know I did. But that doesn't matter anymore. You didn't let the impracticality of your original goal stop you. You decided to set out for going quicker whatever that end result ultimately became. You've poured quite a bit into this hobby and have inspired many on this forum to consider the same. I say that because I'm one of them. I've never really cared what my FWD Honda could do in a 1/4-mile, but now I'm looking into race event in my area. When my CL is done I think I'll take it and my Accord out there to see what they can do. Establish a baseline and go from there. I can think of a lot less fun ways to spend $20 on a Friday night than a strip fee.

On an unrelated note; I work for Granite Construction that's based out of Watsonville. They keep telling me that I'll be sent to the corporate office eventually for training. If I ever go, is there anything I should do in town, or does the rest of the Bay Area provide enough entertainment to warrant no spending much time in Watsonville?

Keep it up!
              I 2nd that Statement keep up the hard work and keep pushing for your goal
              a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
              out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Wow, big text!

Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the encouragement. I am getting married in two days, so that's why things have been slow on this car.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Congrats bro!!!!! Now your future wife has to deal with your car habits

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thank you, Sonik.

Yeah, she is going to have to deal with them all right! We go racing on August 5th, haha.

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      Wow, big text!

Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the encouragement. I am getting married in two days, so that's why things have been slow on this car.
                      I wanted too use profanity too express my joy for you getting married to a woman you love more than your hobby.
                      God bless your wedding your wife and your future family.
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Congrats man! It's hard to find a woman who will put up with our hobbies. I know mine hates that I work on my car instead of spend more time with her. But she will enjoy the fruits of my labor. As I'm sure yours as well. It's awesome that she's going racing with you, congrats to you both!
                        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thank you very much, gentlemen.

My dad just dropped off the Scion FR-S rental car. We will be with it for five days on our Tahoe Honeymoon. I will post a detailed review of this car at the end.

I already notice how rear seats are just about as pointless as a elderly woman in hospice care with a Valentine One. The same goes for the trunk space. There was also nowhere for my tuxedo to be hung because there are no hand bars or hooks on the ceiling. This is not the business man's car.

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Cb7 1
                            Toyobaru 0

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

After driving it around town, both in the various sport modes and in normal mode, all I think about is how much I wish I had the manual transmission in this. Automatic and faux manual modes in this car pale in comparison to driving my CB around.

This car, however, has a few great advantages over my CB. The frame is rigid, RIGID! I feel the whole car from the driver's seat, more than the CB. The breaks are phenomenal, and I'm afraid to push to the floor on the break pedal. The car is light and nimble, and everything is so tight, limited only by the Michellin Primacy Sports.

I like the CB's power curve better than this, things don't really kick into high gear until 4.5k in this car, and the CB has plenty of torque (respectively) at much lower rpms.

Can you tell I am procrastinating on wedding stuff????

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Wow, being married is different. Ugh, I don't have the energy to do a full review on the FR-S.

Anyway, I'm slowly getting back in the game, which means I will be racing again tomorrow. TOMORROW!

I made a friend with our buddy in Arizona, Kai. I just scored his DSS 400whp axles, woohoo!

I added launch control to the S300 calibration and did some practice datalogging. I'll be recording the datalog during at least one of the runs this time around. For the lauch control, I have max RPM set at 3803 and activation RPM set at 3504. After a test launch on the road, I get why everyone with S300 uses this!

I'll be going with street tires this time. The tech guys don't like my lug nuts on the drag wheels because they can't see the studs. I have to get about a 1/2" longer stud set so that the hex portion of the lug nut threads into the stud a distance at least equal to the diameter of the stud. It is kind of sketchy seeing only an 1/8" worth of stud extend beyond the face of the drag wheels.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X