Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    True true. Just need someone from Maine

just need someone from the east coast......
    Whats your postal code raf?
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I mean I'm on the east coast, just quite a ways south. If you don't find anyone closer just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
        Whats your postal code raf?
        B3Z 1K8

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        I mean I'm on the east coast, just quite a ways south. If you don't find anyone closer just let me know.
        I hear ya.

Un-related topic, if anyone would like a good read on a guy's battle to make a nice car read the below link. I spent 3-4 days off and on reading this and was truly inspiring.
        http://www.preludeonline.com/f82/bes...-world-237309/

Comment

So i tackled some more on the car today. Worked on the passenger side. All I have left to do here is try to pin up the mirror connector with the new wires and find a ground to splice into for the LED in the switch. Then door skin goes back on.

Comment

De-pin and re-pin the OEM mirror connectors to take the new wires

I really should of wrote a DIY for these mirrors. I know one exists but they are scattered and pics are not all there. It is A LOT of dam work! The adding of the wires, the relay, and all the other things one has to do for 12V ignition and 12V constant, etc.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

It looks like your having almost as much fun as I did installing the DCC. That was a pain as well. Good job though.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                It looks like your having almost as much fun as I did installing the DCC. That was a pain as well. Good job though.
                Oh man. I think your job was a lot harder. But ya, sucks when all you want to do is install a steret or simple light and have to rip the car apart

Comment

Just need to think of a non-metal way to sandwich these wires down properly. Something that will mold into the wires to hold them really tight but also not conduct electricity.
                  Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Guess i can give some form of update here......

Got me one of these integra clocks with the red digits...

Finished the doors, just need to wire in the rear LED switches in the handles (run wire to front of car), so here they sit. I also need to order black door handles for all 4 doors.

And i was part of the group buy on this beast

^ This was NOT easy to install. I had to drop the shocks put it on, then work and bang and work to get it to line up. For some reason one corner on the passenger side did not want to align. But finally got it. Sucks that one has to take the suspension down just to get this out now, but holy hell it sure is rigid! Now the list of ESP items are:
                    - ESP 3 point front upper strut bar
                    - ESP front lower traction bar
                    - ESP alternator relocation bracket
                    - ESP engine mounts

I thought about going full ESP in the rear but I like my FFC rear upper/lower control arms!

Cheers
                    Last edited by Raf99; 07-26-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I am going to try and install mine's soon. Any tips?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Good stuff Raf! Doors look great and that ESP bar definitely looks solid!
                        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Looks great Raf! Yes that bar is somewhat of a bitch to install. Yes as a note you have to drop the shocks multiple times.

Yes Sonik here is a tip, pray that your car isn't too much out of factory specs from the miles on the body. If it's still close to factory it will go on easy.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

...pray that your car isn't too much out of factory specs from the miles on the body. If it's still close to factory it will go on easy.
                            What a scary thought! If I ever get a three point front strut bar, I'll do the install in a church.
                            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Looks great Raf! Yes that bar is somewhat of a bitch to install. Yes as a note you have to drop the shocks multiple times.

Yes Sonik here is a tip, pray that your car isn't too much out of factory specs from the miles on the body. If it's still close to factory it will go on easy.
                              uh oh...well the traction bar went on well so I'm hoping the uppers didn't sag too much.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Appreciate ya'll stopping by !

Yes, My car was already on jack stands but still i had to drop the suspension and then use jacks under each wheel (LCA) to jack up the suspension while fighting with it to get things to align. I found I had to jack up both sides LCA to get this to fit on at the same time for both sides. But on my passenger side the the hole near the passenger door was not lining up and that back portion of the plate was raised which didn't allow the bolt to come up through high enough to get a nut on. I'm sure the bar was level, so if anything this bar will show you how crooked your car is :P :P

I actually had to use some wood/blanket and a hammer to force the passenger side on, and I sure didn't want to strip the bolts of the strut tower (Tein Super Streets). Now i need to mark the holes on the firewall which looks equally as challenging and remove it again to drill these holes, etc.

So ya... , this bar is a really really really tight fit, which is great! But if you have to remove the bar to remove something else below it, ohh my. It will be a lot of work. If a mechanic ever has to work on this car I feel bad for them because you know the bar will be the last thing they add only to realize they need to take a bunch of shit apart again

Comment

Working...
                                X