CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
fstacrd
CB7tuner Member

fstacrd is cool... so far.
windshield trim??

I cannot remember because it has been a very long long time, but when you buy a windshield for these cars, do they come with the trim to replace it? I am wondering because I just bought a new cb7 and it has a cracked windshield and missing the trim for it!
fstacrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
Nope trim is not included, I have used safelite they reused my trim. It looks like Honda does not make the glass anymore but you could still get trim peices from them or at the junk yard. Are you gonna change it yourself?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
fstacrd
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7 calling View Post
Nope trim is not included, I have used safelite they reused my trim. It looks like Honda does not make the glass anymore but you could still get trim peices from them or at the junk yard. Are you gonna change it yourself?
no I was going with safelite exactly lol
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
fstacrd
CB7tuner Member

ok found my answer.. they do replace the chrome molding so I am good.. they only charge 10 bucks for it a total of 179 which isn't bad.. my 2010 ford fusion windshield was 350 so hell yeah.. this thread can be closed or deleted..
Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstacrd View Post
ok found my answer.. they do replace the chrome molding so I am good.. they only charge 10 bucks for it a total of 179 which isn't bad.. my 2010 ford fusion windshield was 350 so hell yeah.. this thread can be closed or deleted..
Better check again. The $10 is for a new set of clips to reinstall (not replace) the existing trim (if you had it). You will need new trim or pieces from a JY.

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583

Working to relink my pictures. Please be patient. If there is one you particularly want to see, let me know.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
fstacrd
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Better check again. The $10 is for a new set of clips to reinstall (not replace) the existing trim (if you had it). You will need new trim or pieces from a JY.
you are incorrect.. talked with them on the phone and it is the CHROME MOLDING...
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstacrd View Post
you are incorrect.. talked with them on the phone and it is the CHROME MOLDING...
For $10? Sorry, I'm still skeptical, but I will reserve judgement until they actually do it. That's what a glass shop charged me for clips for reinstallation of my existing chrome trim.

Last edited by fleetw00d; 05-31-2013 at 05:54 PM.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Yeah, I see no way that they can provide new chrome molding installed for $10. It's not just a bulk roll of random chrome strip that they have lying around. Though in their case, it might be.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
SOHC-FTW
CB7tuner Member

SOHC-FTW seems to have made some friends!
Most shop's carry universal windshield and back glass chrome and trimed molding.

Acura Legend driven daily
SOHC-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #10
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Just fyi, I made an appointment with Safelite to replace my windshield next week and they said over the phone that they can reuse my trim. No need to go to the junkyard to get replacement pieces.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #11
SSMAccord
CB7tuner Member

SSMAccord seems to have made some friends! SSMAccord seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via Yahoo to SSMAccord
Just to chime in, the last time I had my CB windshield replaced I opted for the chrome molding to be replaced. The $10 was only for the upper horizontal molding, they still needed the 2 vertical trim pieces to still be on the car.

Let's see how this process may have changed.
SSMAccord is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: