CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 09-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
zedjr10
Gold Member

zedjr10 is cool... so far.
Switch near Oil Pressure Sending Unit?

I got a 92 ex coupe(f22a6). I was changing my oil and doing some other things and i noticed a switch that looks alot like a ECT switch beside the oil filter. What is that? Its got a green cap like the ect switch. Maybe an oil temp sending unit. IDK and i can't find a chart for it anywhere. If anyone knows can you tell me how does this effect the engine or ecm? It's not the oil pressure sending unit above the filter i am talking about either.

Last edited by zedjr10; 09-29-2017 at 04:51 PM.
zedjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:08 PM   #2
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
The knock sensor? Do f22a's even have a knock sensor? It's been a while since I've looked.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
zedjr10
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
The knock sensor? Do f22a's even have a knock sensor? It's been a while since I've looked.
I thought it might be that but a pic i seen from another accord showed it being oil temp sensor. I don't think it is an oil temp sensor as i have no oil cooler. Would a bad knock sensor effect MPG or performance.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

A bad knock sensor could pull timing and leave you with a sluggish motor by giving the ECU false knocks. These motors don't have a stock oil temp sensor, even the one's with the cooler
Old 09-30-2017, 03:26 AM   #5
zedjr10
Gold Member

Quote:
A bad knock sensor could pull timing and leave you with a sluggish motor by giving the ECU false knocks. These motors don't have a stock oil temp sensor, even the one's with the cooler
A bad knock sensor itself i don't think would cause any problems, right. I mean if it is bad then it isn't reporting anything really. Not unless it was bad the other way in which i would think i would get a cel then. If all else is good but my knock sensor don't work then i would think i'd be ok. Right?
Old 09-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

OK, I just looked at the schematic and the ECU does not have a knock sensor input.

The next switch type sensor that I can think of in that location would be the power steering switch. Its connected to the rack line and not screwed into the block itself.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
zedjr10
Gold Member

Quote:
OK, I just looked at the schematic and the ECU does not have a knock sensor input.

The next switch type sensor that I can think of in that location would be the power steering switch. Its connected to the rack line and not screwed into the block itself.
I think that is it. Cause i am half sure it wasn't actually screwed into block. I never thought the ps had a switch. Thanks so much. A little confusing which switch is which.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: