Where is the rear jackpoint on car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the rear jackpoint on car.

I know this sounds stupid but i can't find the rear jackpoint on car. In the manual i see it has one just rear of gas tank. I see the gas tank of course but no jackpoint. Last time i jacked up rear of car i used the frame crossbeam. I don't want to do that again. Had to use a brick cause my jack won't jack up high enough.

Its on the same lip the front jack point is on, just further back, should stand out if u know where the front jack point is... if your rocker panels are bad back there it might be gone so u might have no choice but to jack on the frame, I don't see it being a problem if u pick a solid part, maybe put a piece of 2x6 between the frame and jack so u don't bend anything up if you're picky, plus u'll have more jack height.

I personally use a piece of 2x6 on my 3ton jack placed under the rear subframe, I also run a newer acura rear end wit no rust too though so I'm extra picky.
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

There is a spot just aft of the spare tire well, just ahead of the bottom edge of the bumper cover in the center where there is a protrusion from the bottom of the body - that is the rear jack point.

It is the protrusion in the lower right corner of the photo, just ahead of the bottom center attachment point for the bumper cover (there is supposed to be a photo, but it seems to disappear at times - gotta get off photobucket)

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-09-2018, 12:57 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

This thing near the rear wheel, below the back door

And it is here in the front. Can't miss em!

On the trunk there is one too. Center of the trunk, buttom......

Comment

If you do the center of the trunk you will collapse in the trunk. I've done it before on accident not paying attention or thinking about it. From the rear I've always used the rear cross member.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            If you do the center of the trunk you will collapse in the trunk. I've done it before on accident not paying attention or thinking about it. From the rear I've always used the rear cross member.
            Really.... I've always used the trunk with a 2x4, but not long term. I've had many tell me not to use the cross member because any deformation of the rear cross member causes camber/toe issues on the LCAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              Really.... I've always used the trunk with a 2x4, but not long term. I've had many tell me not to use the cross member because any deformation of the rear cross member causes camber/toe issues on the LCAs.
              That is why there is a jack point at the center rear of the trunk (not the middle of the spare tire well, but as described/shown in my post above). The ones on the sides just in front of the wheels are particularly for jacking the individual wheel to change a tire.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                That is why there is a jack point at the center rear of the trunk (not the middle of the spare tire well, but as described/shown in my post above). The ones on the sides just in front of the wheels are particularly for jacking the individual wheel to change a tire.
                Ya, you and I are on the same page Fleetw00d. This protrusion. I'd never jack under the spare tire, that's thin as a tin can.

Comment

I do see that protrusion. I just thought it was part of tire well. Ok now i know.Didn't seem like a jack point though, but yall are sure so good enough.
                  Last edited by zedjr10; 03-09-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Ya, you and I are on the same page Fleetw00d. This protrusion. I'd never jack under the spare tire, that's thin as a tin can.
                    U do mean the protrusion you are showing in pic is the jackpoint that u have 2 by 6 on. Right? Why does it seem to be attached to the spare tire well?

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                      U do mean the protrusion you are showing in pic is the jackpoint that u have 2 by 6 on. Right? Why does it seem to be attached to the spare tire well?
                      Yes. And I checked my haynes manual and it has no mention of this. But it's the equivalent of the front one.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's in the owner's manual. If you don't have one you should be able to download one fairly easily. I bought one for having in the car at all times.
                        My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                        Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                        Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                          Because it is welded to the back/bottom of the spare tire well.

Just found this - thanks G. Wiffington. Upper right of this photo (yeah it's big!) shows a squirrel's eye view of the jack point protruding down from the back of the spare tire well.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-09-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

thanks. Yeah i need an owners manual. Seems stupid to ask but i wanted to be for sure. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X