Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

valve adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blk93 View Post
    good deal.. i'm honestly not all to savvy with internal engine components, but that's one thing i was trying to watch for.

thanks
    Np.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

told bad_dude i would post pics. so------>

this is the valve seal step, adjustment doesn't need you to remove the assembly.

rocker arm assembly off the engine:

this is where the lower seals are seated:

and this is where they actually seal on the engine :

no pictures for the valve adjustment..just follow the youtube video, or your OEM way via any Manual

either way will work, just make sure you do your research and know what to look/feel for

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

Thanks Blk93. Good pics. But I want that broken bolt. LMAO. Thanks again dude.

Comment

Do you guys think I need to remove my strut bar to remove my valve cover for valve adjustments? I had a the hardest time getting that strut bar on when I just bought it. I don't have my rubber mallet with me. Here's some pics?

Comment

It looks like it's going to be in the way of the intake valves. It's hard to tell from the photos, though. Got a shot from the side of the vehicle, and one from the top?

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
              It looks like it's going to be in the way of the intake valves. It's hard to tell from the photos, though. Got a shot from the side of the vehicle, and one from the top?
              I am more concern about getting the valve cover on and off. I think I can get to the intake valves if the valve cover is on and off without a problem.
              Thanks.

Comment

a lot of people have different feels of DRAG ,, dont let it drag a lot but you dont want to make it too tight. Its better to be a little loose than to be a little tight. make sure you are on the right stroke too then check them after you think you are done. If you did it right the car should be a bit quiet not like all quiet.
                Last edited by 10thAnnivCB7; 06-27-2012, 07:14 AM.
                10th Anniversary Accord.
                05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                  a lot of people have different feels of DRAG ,, dont let it drag a lot but you dont want to make it too tight. Its better to be a little loose than to be a little tight. make sure you are on the right stroke too then check them after you think you are done. If you did it right the car should be a bit quiet not like all quiet.
                  The first time I did it a few years ago, I did it on the tighter specs side. It let the car drives real strong and responsive. But it kills gas mileage a little. I just want to get it back to the looser side to see if I can get some of the good gas mileage back.
                  Thanks.

Comment

cool man ,, i got a bit more response on the throttle but nothing else ,, now i go a whole week on $30 of gas and i drive over 390 miles a week just to and from school ,, hope it works out for you ,, also have somebody there with because when i did mine i forgot to put the alternator ground back on and my car shut off when i was leaving school ,, noob mistake but having an extra set of eyes helps
                    10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

cool man ,, i got a bit more response on the throttle but nothing else ,, now i go a whole week on $30 of gas and i drive over 390 miles a week just to and from school ,, hope it works out for you ,, also have somebody there with because when i did mine i forgot to put the alternator ground back on and my car shut off when i was leaving school ,, noob mistake but having an extra set of eyes helps
                      This will be my 3rd time doing this, I don't think I'll need a 2nd pairs of eyes. The ground you are talking about is the one lead that goes to the valve cover? The valve adjustment should only effect the engine noise and not much for the gas mileage. But before the adjustment, I was getting average 26mpg with auto. Now I get about 20. But the responsiveness is way better. But it's the trade off. I just want to save more gas as I am still unemployed. I don't drive it much. I did an oil change last year about this time and since I only put on more than 1000 miles. I got synthetic in the car since I bought it and only change every 6000 miles.
                      Now I wonder if I should change it again since it's been a year? My air filter is clean.
                      Thanks.
                      Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Just readjusted my valves today.

I readjusted to be a little looser. The throttle was not as responsive, but I hope it might save some gas.
                        Previously I had it with the intakes at 0.009 in. and the exhausts at 0.011 in.

I readjusted to instakes 0.010 in. and the exhaust 0.012 in.

Here's a video after the adjustments. Are the valves still ticking too loud? The video is made after the car has been driven and fully warmed up.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Well, no input as to my motor is ticking too loud or not? Post your motor sound video so I can compare.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Mine ticks a bit but its so quiet at idle ,, ill try and record it tomorrow when it's warmed up and upload it
                            10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

Mine ticks a bit but its so quiet at idle ,, ill try and record it tomorrow when it's warmed up and upload it
                              I don't think I have ever heard this motor without ticking, even after an oil change. Here's a prelude F22a1 motor.
                              F22A1 sound.
                              Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-30-2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

dude i don't know why this iphone will not let me see videos uploaded here but it used to work ,, androids all day ,, send me the URL
                                10th Anniversary Accord.

Comment

Working...
                                X