Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

that one kid who never listens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that one kid who never listens.

So there is this kid well he is 17 but he hangs around the older car guys who are like 21 and up. But anyways one day he was like I am going to slam my mitata. Cool what you dropping it with. He said ebay sleeves after giving him the whole run down of why not he was like ok Ill wait till I get some more money. Well he let another kid talk him into the ebay sleeves again and this happened to his car it dropped lopsided unevenly while doing about 70 on the interstate. He gets it apart and posted this pic to fb. And we all bombed the pic with I told you so comments.

STANCE|WORKS

damnnnnnn. i try to tell people all the time as well but no one wants to listen.

Comment

dang is that the top part of the strut?

Comment

I'm goin to get Ground Control.

Edit:
        Originally posted by Leung View Post
        dang is that the top part of the strut?
        Looks like the actual sleeve of the coilover sleeve.
        Last edited by Stormtrooper; 08-10-2012, 02:34 AM.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Well let him learn from that since he is still easily influenced. Dont worry hopefully hell get the hint over-time to trust his own instincts in doing his own research to make his own decisions.

Btw does his influential friend even have a car,does he control his money and stuff like that if so I would steer clear from these types of individuals. They will be the same ones to talk people against you especially if your trying to help them since they are so well I dont want to say weak-minded, lets just say easily influenced.

Comment

I remember yearrrrrs ago I bought ebay coil over with sleeves. And when I took it out the box. I literally can squeeze the sleeve with my hand with a nice firm grip and hold. I saw the material distort.

I said oo hell no. I can't put these on my car. A hand vice squeezin and seein that vs a 2700 pd car. Noway.

Samw way for my quick release. So wobbly it fell apart. Never and won't use ebay style things like that.

My buddy has a quick release on his, I'm scared to drive it. I don't want the wheel to suddenly pop off
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

if i buy f&fs from ebay, they're stil ebay coil-overs...

what always happens is that little option "lowestprice +shipping"

and 50cent sleeves come up, and 500lb springs, so the fact that they dont know a damn thing they let themselves fall into cheapland

not everything from ebay is bad

next time some one wont listen, slap him across the face and say: IM GETTING FUCKING TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                if i buy f&fs from ebay, they're stil ebay coil-overs...

what always happens is that little option "lowestprice +shipping"

and 50cent sleeves come up, and 500lb springs, so the fact that they dont know a damn thing they let themselves fall into cheapland

not everything from ebay is bad

next time some one wont listen, slap him across the face and say: IM GETTING FUCKING TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFUCKING SNAKES ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE
                lol

Comment

suspension and tires are easily the worst things to cheap out on. I dont get it

Comment

what failed? it doesn't look like the adjustable collar gave. if it was down on the strut, how would that collar gotten bent up like that? looks like it was mounted at the top of the strut. i'm not saying that going cheap wasn't the problem. but you have to install parts correctly to get them to work properly.
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                      what failed? it doesn't look like the adjustable collar gave. if it was down on the strut, how would that collar gotten bent up like that? looks like it was mounted at the top of the strut. i'm not saying that going cheap wasn't the problem. but you have to install parts correctly to get them to work properly.
                      Whoa easy there buddy, just because he buys crap products off of eBay doesn't mean he didn't install them properly too. Sheeesh give the kid a break, he's a tuner now.

I hope you can sense my sarcasm.

Comment

Working...
                      X