Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Climate control,Cruse,Illumination Bulb size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate control,Cruse,Illumination Bulb size

I want to know what the size of bulbs are in these and how much of each i need i have the honda part number from another form but im going with LED's

swapping my illumination bulb 1,Climate control i guess 3 go there, Fog light,Rear defrost,Hazzard,Cruse

i have these choices Available in 3mm, 4mm, 5mm sizes
    do i need anything other than these ?

thanks

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Light bulb application guide

I'm pretty sure the dashboard switches are 3mm NeoWedge, and I think the climate control uses 5mm NeoWedge.

You want wedge base bulbs for the cluster. 5x #74 and 3x #194.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Alright I looked through it

So far im at ordering
      5 3"mm wedges for the dash switches
      2 5"mm for the climate control
      2 74 wedge for the shift selector and one on the climate

This all sound about right ?

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Dashboard Switches - 5x 3mm NeoWedge sounds right. because cruise has 2.

Climate Control (talking about the switches) - I only guessed 5mm NeoWedge because that link I sent you said they were slightly bigger than the dashboard switches. I will be taking this unit apart soon to look!

But from what I understand, you're looking to replace the bulbs for the Heat and Fan knobs, right? The guide says that those are #74.

The guide also says that the shifter is only 1x #74.

-------------
        Also, where are you ordering the LEDs from?
        I've been planning to get mine from superbrightleds.com
        -------------

If you wait a few days, I hope to take my dash apart and count all the bulbs and find out which ones we need - because I need to order some more LEDs myself.

I'd like to do it all when I get home tonight (it's 9am right now) but I often run out of time.
        But if you give me a few days I'll hopefully have them all counted and pictures to go with!

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Alright I have no prob waiting I've done my cluster already and yes from super bright led

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Sorry again for the delay.
            Now I haven't ordered these yet, so I'm not 100% sure these are right. But I've measured them and matched them with the dimensions on superbrightleds.com.
            Surely someone on here has done this already... chime in!?!

This is what I think you need

3mm NeoWedge | x4
            4mm NeoWedge | x1
            5mm NeoWedge | x2
            #74 | x2

------------------

Illumination Bulb
            When you say Illumination bulb, I assume that's what I call the dimmer knob.
            4mm NeoWedge | x1

Climate Control
            5mm Neowedge | x2
            #74 wedge base | x1 (in between the knobs)

Cruise Control
            3mm NeoWedge | x2

Hazard Lights
            This one is the same type as the NeoWedge bulbs, but it's smaller than the 3mm. I can't see anything on superbrightleds.com for this. So you'll have to try and solder an LED and resistor here if you want it.

Rear Defrost
            This has 2 bulbs. 1 for the symbol and 1 for the indicator that comes on when you push the button.
            The symbol bulb is weird. I soldered an LED in place with a resistor.
            The indicator bulb is the same as the hazard.

Here is the weird bulb

I am not an expert with a soldering iron

This next image shows the tiny NeoWedge that is smaller than a 3mm. And the same as the hazard bulb.

Fog Light
            I don't have this. But I'm assuming it would be the same as the Cruise Control.
            3mm NeoWedge | x2

Shifter
            #74 | x1

-------------------------

P.S. the ignition ring, cigarette lighter and ash tray also have one #74 bulb each.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Sweet I will have to try that I did mean the illum dimmer... I got my guages done in super white which comes out blueish but works with my color skeem lol
              Just want my flickering climate, non working hazzard,fog,rear defrost to work

Thanks and I think this info should be forwarded into a sticky or when I install (with Clearence from you) and make a DIY on each Swich and what I end up doing

Do it once, do it right.
              Missing My
              Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

No problem. Good luck!

Yeah, I was thinking I would create a DIY for it all when I'm done.
                If you were to do anything diferently to me, we can then add pictures and details of your setup as well if you want. That way people can see the different options of how to do it.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Yeah I like that idea im going to attempt to get the LEDs I can from SBL.com and then hit up RadioShack for anything I have to sauter (I know my spellings off on that) but I like that idea

Do it once, do it right.
                  Missing My
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

*solder*

If you solder any LEDs, be sure to add a 560 ohm resistor (green, blue, brown, gold).

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X