Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Replacement Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Spark Plug Wires

The Sumitomo spark plug wires on my CB7 have a date of 1991 on them. What are the chances that they are the original set? And are there any decent quality wire set for a budget price?

These'll work
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=ngk+wires

And a lot of the threads that you're making have been previously asked and answered so don't be afraid of the search function, it's your friend...
    Last edited by ninethreecoupe; 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM.

The Facebook group

Comment

For me , I only go for either OEM, NGK or DENSO. No more, no less.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I would say those are the original wires.

+1 for NGK.
        After new plugs, wires and a valve lash adjustment, my little F22A ran a fair bit smoother.

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

Originally posted by ninethreecoupe View Post
          These'll work
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=ngk+wires

And a lot of the threads that you're making have been previously asked and answered so don't be afraid of the search function, it's your friend...
          I know you are probably correct. Just trying to not be on probation for to long. My Honda Civic also had the original wire set dated 1992 when I bought it last year, I replaced them with NGK blue.
          Last edited by Kemosabe; 09-27-2012, 12:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Yeah NGK's work great. And I get it, it sucked for me as well as everyone else too I'm sure but if a mod decides your trying to whore your count up they can and will delete your threads. Just a helpful reminder

The Facebook group

Comment

Still the original Sumitomo wires must be a fairly descend quality. On my 92 EG I ohm tested them before replacing them. 20 years old and they tested out 9k on the shortest one to 14K on the longest one. I seem to remember the Sumitomo cost about 65 dollars if you shop wisely.

Comment

Of course they are! Honda wouldn't have used them otherwise

^^Photos taken by me ^^

Comment

I'd say if you were in a pinch, get some Beck Arnley spark plug wires. If a store gave you choice in that or NGK then by all means get those as those are even better.

The only brand that i'd never buy is Bosch.

Comment

OEM Sumitomo is the best you can get.

Comment

Working...
                    X