Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

On The Road To Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On The Road To Turbo

Ok cb7 family I'm Officially on the road to turbo what I'm workin wit is a f20a sohc motor I wanna know what should I upgrade on the internalls before installing the turbo..I plan to go with a dsm set up and run probably no more than 10 psi maybe more if I can.....idk if my block should be sleeved or if I should upgrade my cam ,crank,rods,pistons, I'm clueless just becuz its a f20a sohc.....I have done my research and my engine is not to popular.....good ass engine tho....let me have y'all opinions

Silly putty!!! That will help the cylinder walls. First pull your motor. Then open it up and spread a thin coat of silly putty on the cylinder walls, now dont get carried away this is a important part of building your Race car motor. Did you know if you spell race car back words its spells race car... Anyways after your thin coat of silly putty on the cylinder walls. You need to make it so the rods dont bend, break or fly thru your silly putty covered cylinder walls. So remove the rods and put them some place safe like under the fridge or a shoe box. Now for the cam I suggest spending a lot of money on this part of the race car motor. Head for the kitchen and get your mommas mop handle. While your there get a nice steak knife and you can make your custom cam profile. The money spent on this part of the race car motor will be in the ER when you cut your hand open. Pistons, well any old cut in half 40oz OLd E can will work for this... Id say if you build it like this your looking at 400+ hp. hope this helps good luck on your build... racecar<><<>racecar
    K20z3

Comment

Start here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/search.php?searchid=6820790
      K20z3

Comment

Originally posted by k20si View Post
        Silly putty!!! That will help the cylinder walls. First pull your motor. Then open it up and spread a thin coat of silly putty on the cylinder walls, now dont get carried away this is a important part of building your Race car motor. Did you know if you spell race car back words its spells race car... Anyways after your thin coat of silly putty on the cylinder walls. You need to make it so the rods dont bend, break or fly thru your silly putty covered cylinder walls. So remove the rods and put them some place safe like under the fridge or a shoe box. Now for the cam I suggest spending a lot of money on this part of the race car motor. Head for the kitchen and get your mommas mop handle. While your there get a nice steak knife and you can make your custom cam profile. The money spent on this part of the race car motor will be in the ER when you cut your hand open. Pistons, well any old cut in half 40oz OLd E can will work for this... Id say if you build it like this your looking at 400+ hp. hope this helps good luck on your build... racecar<><<>racecar
        What the hell?

OP, for the F22ax, the rings will go first. Not sure with the F20
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          What the hell?

OP, for the F22ax, the rings will go first. Not sure with the F20
          more than likely the ringlands not the rings themselves
          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
            more than likely the ringlands not the rings themselves
            My bad, I didn't even know there was a difference. I thought they could be used interchangeably.

So the cure for that is what, new pistons?
            MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Well anybody got any ideas on internal upgrades.....

Comment

Originally posted by TreyDaBurna View Post
                Well anybody got any ideas on internal upgrades.....
                http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=311

and

http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=278
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Appreciated bro....takes car of internals ...what about sleeving yah or nah

Comment

Working...
                  X