Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE RIDE!! Love the photos

Comment

Very nice! I might have to look into the head light upgrades for mine. I just picked up a 2002 with 38,000 miles on it.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
        Very nice! I might have to look into the head light upgrades for mine. I just picked up a 2002 with 38,000 miles on it.
        That's super low mileage. The headlamps are UNREAL, but my only qualm with them is that there is slop in the pop up assembly which doesn't translate well to the cutoff. Every bounce in the road causes the cutoff to shake, which may be irritating to other drivers. I've only ever been high beamed once and have passed numerous LEOs with them. I have the cutoff adjusted quite low though.

Post pics / details of yours!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          That's super low mileage. The headlamps are UNREAL, but my only qualm with them is that there is slop in the pop up assembly which doesn't translate well to the cutoff. Every bounce in the road causes the cutoff to shake, which may be irritating to other drivers. I've only ever been high beamed once and have passed numerous LEOs with them. I have the cutoff adjusted quite low though.

Post pics / details of yours!
          Sounds like a good upgrade, even with the bouncy cutoff. I wonder if a new gear set and stops/bumpers for the headlight motor would stiffen the assembly up. My driver's side is grinding when the lights turn off, so I've got to dig in anyway.

Just posted up a thread a few minutes ago:

FoamyPirate: 2002 Chevrolet Corvette
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Sounds like a good upgrade, even with the bouncy cutoff. I wonder if a new gear set and stops/bumpers for the headlight motor would stiffen the assembly up. My driver's side is grinding when the lights turn off, so I've got to dig in anyway.

Just posted up a thread a few minutes ago:

FoamyPirate: 2002 Chevrolet Corvette
            I just replied in your thread about the lights.

My new wheels ship out tomorrow. I am really excited. They need to be refinished but they are quite rare for Corvettes. They are BBS LM. 17 x 9 F / 18 X 10 R. I'm so excited to get them.

Comment

The new wheels. 17 x 9 F / 18 x 10 R.

The blue actually matches the car, but I think I'll end up refinishing them back to silver since I do like that better.

Comment

Nice! I always liked that style of wheel on C5s, should look great. I'm kind of partial to the blue. Are you going to refinish them before you put them on, or run the blue centers for a while?

Comment

Nice! I always liked that style of wheel on C5s, should look great. I'm kind of partial to the blue. Are you going to refinish them before you put them on, or run the blue centers for a while?
                  I'm a big fan of these style wheels in general (my CB actually had similar wheels way back when).

The blue is polarizing, honestly. I need to test mount the bare wheels without tires to see what they look like. The blue paint isn't in the greatest condition, so I'd have to see how bad they actually are.

The plan is ultimately have them refinished before they go on the car. Then new seats and a few other small changes and it's (hopefully) done.

Comment

IMG_0323 by Mike M, on Flickr

Is it spring yet? Just got these back from the bodyshop. They will look amazing on the car.

Comment

Since I'm fairly sure I've got a problem:

I picked up a set of 97-99 wagon wheels for $225 with decent front tires and fairly worn rear tires.

It would make for a good set to store the car on, as well as wheels for if/when I ever try out autocross.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                        Since I'm fairly sure I've got a problem:

I picked up a set of 97-99 wagon wheels for $225 with decent front tires and fairly worn rear tires.

It would make for a good set to store the car on, as well as wheels for if/when I ever try out autocross.
                        Nice! How are those BBS' coming along? About ready to get them on the car?

Comment

I do dig the wagon wheels. They're understated, which is a cool look on an otherwise fairly flashy car. Between those and the BBSs, you're set on footwear!

Comment

Nice! How are those BBS' coming along? About ready to get them on the car?
                            They're good. They're all painted, so right now I'm trying to wire wheel the bolts and clean up the threads. There's 20 per wheel, so it's slow goings. A few of them need to be replaced as they're not looking awesome cosmetically, so I'm trying determine how many I need to order.

I'm also waiting for my new lug nuts to be shipped since the OEM ones can't be used with the BBS. Once that's done, I'll reassemble the wheel and get them on the car. The weather is finally starting to change here, so I'm hoping it will be sooner versus later.

Originally posted by deevergote
                            I do dig the wagon wheels. They're understated, which is a cool look on an otherwise fairly flashy car. Between those and the BBSs, you're set on footwear!
                            Exactly! Granted, the date code on two of the tires is 2002, so not exactly safe to drive on for long distances, but they'll be perfect for when I store the car at the end of the season as well as potential wheels if I decide to get into Auto-X at some point.

Comment

Before :

After :

I need to lose some weight. I don't fit in them as well as I would have 10 years or 25 pounds ago.

Comment

Those look pretty good in there! Do they mount in such a way that they fix the "rocking" or sliding that the OEM seats tend to do? Mine isn't too bad, but it's still annoying. If these seats can fix the issue, I might consider a seat swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X