CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2018, 10:14 PM   #101
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

NH-503P-3 is cool... so far.
Is there any interior code that is listed near the paint code? I should look at my car. It’s friggin cold and windy outside at my place right now lol.

~Mark~
NH-503P-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:05 PM   #102
CB7_Saloon
CB7tuner Member

CB7_Saloon is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Is there any interior code that is listed near the paint code? I should look at my car. Itís friggin cold and windy outside at my place right now lol.
Theres a seperate sticker, yes. It should be on the passenger door jamb.
CB7_Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #103
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Interiors
Type A black; 91 Solaris Silver SE, 90-91 Phoenix Red DX
Type B gray
Type C blue
Type D burgundy/red
Type E ??
Type F brown
Type G tan/beige; this is the SE interior code also.

The code colors have specific names also Iím pretty sure. Maybe someone else can help with those I.D.s

Now these codes seem to be only representing the lower half of the interior.
For example. I have seen type D in two cars but both had different color upper plastics. One had the beige upper plastics color and the other had the gray upper plastics. The exterior colors were different also so that Iím sure plays into the interior color combinations.
Another thing to note is that 91 SE models have their own upper color plastics also. Maybe the Phoenix Red DX models have the same? Iím not sure Iíve only seen one of these black interior DX models. It was a coupe also and Iím still kicking myself in the ass for not taking more of the complete interior that was there including the black cloth seats!! Its gotta be the rarest US CB model of all hands down.
I thought at first that the 91 SE upper plastics were the same light blue/gray uppers as the blue interior cars but itís actually darker. A real nice gray I might add also. Certainly better looking than the so called gray upper plastics that mostly come in type B gray interior cars.

~Mark~
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #104
AccordWarrior
Guy Smiley

AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful AccordWarrior is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
Interiors
Type A black; 91 Solaris Silver SE, 90-91 Phoenix Red DX
Type B gray
Type C blue
Type D burgundy/red
Type E ??
Type F brown
Type G tan/beige; this is the SE interior code also.

The code colors have specific names also Iím pretty sure. Maybe someone else can help with those I.D.s

Now these codes seem to be only representing the lower half of the interior.
For example. I have seen type D in two cars but both had different color upper plastics. One had the beige upper plastics color and the other had the gray upper plastics. The exterior colors were different also so that Iím sure plays into the interior color combinations.
Another thing to note is that 91 SE models have their own upper color plastics also. Maybe the Phoenix Red DX models have the same? Iím not sure Iíve only seen one of these black interior DX models. It was a coupe also and Iím still kicking myself in the ass for not taking more of the complete interior that was there including the black cloth seats!! Its gotta be the rarest US CB model of all hands down.
I thought at first that the 91 SE upper plastics were the same light blue/gray uppers as the blue interior cars but itís actually darker. A real nice gray I might add also. Certainly better looking than the so called gray upper plastics that mostly come in type B gray interior cars.
Where did you see a gray interior in a 91 SE? Are you certain it wasn't a swapped interior? From all the literature I've ever seen the 91 SE came in two colors, Solaris Silver w/Black Leather and Brittany Blue-Green with the black dash and ivory leather.

The only way you could get a non-black dash in a brown / beige interior car was to have the 93 SE with the airbag dash, or have the poop brown interior in the 90-91 LX models.

The red / blue / gray interior cars had matching dashes. You may have seen cars with interiors in various stages of fade, but Honda didn't make any combos other than what I've listed from the factory. Who knows what was replaced over the years in various cars.
AccordWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #105
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

What I’m referring to when I say gray in a 91 SE is the upper plastics and headliner. The bottom pieces and leather are type A black.

~Mark~
Old 03-22-2018, 12:24 AM   #106
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

I also think it’s safe to say that all SE models had black dashes. 93 was just different because of the airbag.
All SE models had either type A or type G interiors.
All models with type G interiors had a black dash.
I don’t think I have seen another model that has an interior with a non matching dash besides type G.
When I write about upper plastics I mean anything above the dash. A Pilar pieces, headliner, sun visors, grab handles, etc.
These upper plastics are not always the same color (per outer paint color) even though the interior type may be the same.
Case in point: a white car can have a type D interior and the red car next to it can have a type D interior. But the upper plastics inside can be gray in the white car and beige in the red car. There could be a standard for the upper plastics color according to the outer color and the code type of the interior.

~Mark~
Old 05-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #107
NH-503P-3
CB7tuner Member

Just hit pick a part and get better carpet. My CB has 99 Acura CL coupe carpet which is much nicer and fits in really good. Try CD Accord coupe carpet. It’s probably nicer also. If you go with better carpet from another CB make sure you go with the two years that fit your car. If you have a 92-93 get that carpet. 90-91 are different because of the auto seatbelt cut outs.

~Mark~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: