No announcement yet.

see bee seven : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't the Z blocks AUDM replacement blocks?

Comment

I'm not sure where all of this replacement engine stuff started or if there's any truth to it at all, but I've heard it too. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense as this engine was stock in Rover 600s. That car shares a lot of components with the Accords of the same generations. It got the F20Z1 stock which is why there's no "Honda" lettering on the valve cover. There's one for sale somewhat locally to me that is the exact same way.

Honda wouldn't replace a 2.2L with a 2.0L that wasn't even offered here.

They also would not remove their lettering from a valve cover for warranty purposes.

You have just as good of a chance finding these as you do other variants of the single-cam F-engines here in the states. Importers bring them over as low-mileage alternatives.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Interesting.

Yeah, many years ago I had read that the blocks marked with a Z were Australian-market replacements, manufactured there. I can't even find where I got that info anymore!

Without the Honda logo on the valve cover, could it possibly be a Rover engine, do you think? De-badged for use in a non-Honda (though I suppose it would say Rover then...)

Comment

My post meant to imply that I do believe it to be a Rover engine.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I see, now that I re-read... Gotta wake up more before I post!

I think this might be one of the threads that I read years ago (and I don't recall the final post)
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56261

Comment

Yeah F20z are in the Rovers and the 5th gen Accords over here. Ive pulled a cam from a scrapped 5th gen Accord which had a F20z.

Odd to see one in a US CB though.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
              UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
              NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Do you remember what the camshaft was stamped? I have a few European FSMs but none of them list the F20Z1 so I don't know cam specs. I seriously doubt it's the same cam as the F22A3/7 but if it was I'd go grab the one near me.

Comment

New pics updated

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

cleaned up her lines a bit

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

You're selling it? I've seen this exact car up for sale on my local craigslist for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                        You're selling it? I've seen this exact car up for sale on my local craigslist for a while now.
                        Pretty sure he's from the UK if I'm not mistaken.
                        Originally posted by cb9love
                        when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewasoar View Post
                          Pretty sure he's from the UK if I'm not mistaken.
                          Look at his plates....Cail love here

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                            Look at his plates....Cail love here
                            Welp. I wasn't paying attention.
                            Originally posted by cb9love
                            when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

Nothing new really just an updated pic!

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

Working...
                              X