Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

these projectors in this housing what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these projectors in this housing what do you think?

These are the projectors

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROJE...#ht_5992wt_958

And this is the housing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_5017wt_1082

Would this work as a retrofit? Please let me know otherwise ima go to the jy or PnP and steal some tsx if i find some but i like the angel eye look to the projectors.

Thanks

No and 1/2 yes.

The first one i'd rather spend my money on real-deal HID projectors. Just search a little more on e-bay and you can find oem lenses for great deals. Just throwing any projector in the housing doesn't mean it will work great. There are some members here that installed projectors that look nice from different cars that were not HID equipped from factory...yet the beam pattern is still scattered and not any sharper than throwing a HID kit in regular OEM headlights. If you want the angel eye look, there are kits you can buy on e-bay or create your own following DIY on this site. Spending 80bucks and saving say...30-40bucks more you can get lucky and buy some TSX or BMW projectors if you search carefully.

The second set of headlights you posted are modeled after APC's first projectors headlights for our Accords. The headlamp itself is built pretty sturdy and made of glass like OEM .....however the projector itself is not really to me considered a projector at all! The light output is shitty and worse than our regular headlights but it can be remedied with a HID kit but the beam pattern would probably piss old people off...

I have a set of those disassembled right now and I'll post pictures for you to see when I get home from work. I highly recommend you do a OEM retrofit. The APC's style headlamps are a good buy if you want something built like OEM without chopping ur original lamps. The projector shrouds are good and will make the headlight very close to looking factory.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

I have a set of headlights, with ebay 1 piece projectors inside of them. I removed the moon shaped plate on the inside. And my lighting is 5x better, and I was using standard h3 bulb, the lil ones.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by blueplanet View Post
        Would this work as a retrofit? Please let me know otherwise ima go to the jy or PnP and steal some tsx if i find some but i like the angel eye look to the projectors.
        Why would u retrofit a set of headlights that already have a projector in it? I suppose just for the halos but u might as well just retrofit ur stocks, would look better anyways. And good luck finding a TSX in the junkyard. And have better luck finding one with the headlights still in it.

Comment

I think you can get oem lense for about the same price.
          if its 30bucks yeah wouldn't hurt to try. rip off on $50 shipping
          them head light tho. fedex charge around 15 buck to ship. probably cost them less than that to ship.

Comment

Working...
          X