Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honday Day Fall 2018

The weather decided to act somewhat decent this weekend so I ended up
    taking the CB to Honda Day. My car has literally been sitting for 3 weeks until
    Saturday when I finally started it. I only went on Sunday. This was the farthest
    I have driven my car ever. The trip was about two hours away from where I live.
    It was funny because it was actually like raining on the way there. I was about
    to turn around & go home but I made it half was so I kept going.
    I am glad I kept going because Honda Day was so much fun.

Last edited by G. Wiffington; 09-18-2018, 12:19 PM.
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

I even got to go home with a cool little thing..

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Hell yeah! Nice. CB representing for Honda days. Much props to you!
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats on getting first place. Makes me want to attend car meets again.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

So about your rear toe issue. I know from experience that someone who continuously jacks up on the rear subframe in the middle can affect the camber in the rear. I had an alignment guy tell me this and it was a good point. By deforming the metal (usually with a small jack) in the middle of the rear subframe will affect tow etc. Especially since it's measured in mm. (0.08, etc.). Your issues may be caused by a bad rear subframe.

Congrats on the award! You were the only one there older than 97 weren't ya :P

Comment

Thanks guys!! It was totally unexpected. I almost spit out my drink when they
              said my name over the speakers.

Grumpys93 yes I understand 100% what you mean..let me just say one thing

I probably won't bring my car to another event again..

as soon as the event was over I got word that other people with CD accords
              were talking shit about how they lost to a basic 4 door with Pep Boy wheels lol.

This was the first event in so long that I have brought my car to. & honestly I
              don't think I will bring it to Honda Day in the Spring. People are just so weird
              about meets/events. I really did not even want to win anything at all. I literally
              just pulled up to the event, wiped down my CB, popped the hood, & just ate
              food all day lol. Like not even a half hour after the event other people in my
              Accord class were saying they got dicked over by the judges..blah blah.

Anyway it was still so much fun to go.

There were only two other CB7s there & they were not really all that at all.

Oh well I just wanted to represent for CB7Tuner.com & I thought you guys
              would appreciate a trophy for the whole page not just my car.

Being a member on CB7Tuner is so awesome. I am just glad that this site
              is still so active & keeps me motivated!!!
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                So about your rear toe issue. I know from experience that someone who continuously jacks up on the rear subframe in the middle can affect the camber in the rear. I had an alignment guy tell me this and it was a good point. By deforming the metal (usually with a small jack) in the middle of the rear subframe will affect tow etc. Especially since it's measured in mm. (0.08, etc.). Your issues may be caused by a bad rear subframe.

Congrats on the award! You were the only one there older than 97 weren't ya :P
                Yeah I do actually remember reading about jacking up from that point is not
                too good & can mess up the alignment.

Lol I need to get a better jack. That is legit the only reason why I had to
                jack from that point. I have all the tools I could ever need, just a crappy jack lol.
                I am going to buy a new one this weekend.

I actually forgot to post on here but I did get an alignment from my buddy
                who works at Honda!

I had an issue about a year & a half ago when I went to Firestone to get
                an alignment. The guy said that he could not adjust the toe anymore b/c
                the steering rack was not centered. As well as the rear toe bolts were frozen

So about a month ago I climbed underneath & measure how far the steering
                was off. It seemed that the rack was a little more favored towards the
                passenger side making left hand turns very touchy & right hand turns
                needing to turn the wheel a bit more. I measured & corrected the rack.

The rear: so as in my other posts I went under & had to cut out the
                rear toe bolts because they were frozen. I also took time to install new
                toe arms (rock auto ordered forgot the brand). New toe adjust bolts &
                washers from Honda were installed.

Anyway, when I was doing the alignment at Honda on the rear toe, I could
                only get the toe degree so far then I had to use the Megan Racing rear adjustable
                lower control arms to get the toe into spec. I more so had to adjust the
                MR control arm on the rear passenger side, which was the side I had an
                issue with in the first place.

I have my sheets from both Firestone (1.5 years ago) & the recent one I did
                at Honda. I will upload them.

But, after getting an alignment...WOW I have never felt sooooo comfy
                driving winding roads in this car! Having a proper alignment feels so good
                because I never have really ripped on the Euro-R because of how bad
                the alignment was.

Raf99 I was surprised because one of the CB7s there was a 90/91!
                Unfortunately it looks like it was spray painted.

I also have a pretty sweet update that I bought for my CB that I haven't
                shown anyone yet!!!

Oh yeah, I was going through a lot of crap with this girl I was dating but,
                I got rid of her & the nonsense & found myself a better girl without all
                the craziness!!! So I think my head is back on straight & ready to get back
                to where I was.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Before from Firestone:

Before taking to Honda I did the String Alignment as best as I could.

After from Honda:

Keep Pushing..

Comment

& I also discovered that my front upper driver side control arm ball joint is
                    pretty bad. So, I think I will just upgrade the set to something nice.

Anyone have a good adjustable upper control arm to recommend?
                    I know I can search but I was just curious to what you guys have used.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

I have a set of SPC Adjustable upper ball joints never used only open. I was going to use them but decided to stick with my ingalls camber kit and buy new upper control arms. PM me if you are interested.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Okay I will let you know if I decide to go that route.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

So this weekend I have been having a bit of electrical fun!

I took my CB out yesterday & noticed that my battery light was showing
                          on the dash..hmm..I usually bring my laptop whenever I take out my car
                          so when I saw the light I noticed that in SManager it showed the battery
                          voltage was only at 11.7-11.9. This is still the same battery since I bought
                          the car.

Saturday night I pulled out the battery & put it on the charger overnight.
                          Luckily this morning when I looked at the charger it said 100%. Awesome.
                          Not really, I put the battery back in & start the car...battery light still shows.

After ruling out the battery I thought about the alternator since that was
                          swapped over from the F22. I took the chance & replaced the alternator.

I put the new alternator in & tightened everything back up. Checked the belt
                          tension..fire her up & wow it started up so quickly it made me jump lol.

Hooked up the laptop & now I am pulling around 14.3-14.5 volts at idle.

I think that the alternator was messing with my tune as well. I remember
                          when I would drive, in some RPMs I would notice my wideband start to
                          dim then it would get brighter again.

She is running great now with the new alternator.
                          Last edited by G. Wiffington; 10-07-2018, 04:01 PM.
                          Keep Pushing..

Comment

New parts are always great when they arrive!

Got some new Beck/Arnley Front Upper Control Arms.

The driver's side control arm ball joint is just destroyed. I am not sure
                            what happened. Hopefully my alignment won't be too altered after changing
                            these arms. I know I could have just installed new ball joints but oh well.
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I put the new upper control arms on & they feel great.
                              My steering feels a lot more solid compared to before.
                              I no longer have a knocking sound when turning the steering
                              wheel while sitting stationary.
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

How low is the car? You might have to grind the front of those upper control arms to clear.
                                5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X