No announcement yet.

NH-503P-3 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks LadyG. On the leather; there was no two tone style panels ever done from Honda that I know of. There definitely was gray leather and factory SE black. You could put the two together also. Now if you go black with gray, what do you want black and what will be gray? You can build the interiors either way. Since you have a type G tan interior now the dash is already black. 91 SE Black leather interiors will mostly fit in wagons. The door panels in CB wagons are interchangeable with the CB sedans. Plastics will mostly work also till you get to the back. But that’s mostly carpet in a CB9 anyways. Just pull it out clean it and dye it. I would suggest finding a factory white color 92-93 CB9 wagon and taking all the light blue/grey upper plastics and headliner from it. It’ll look best combined with the dark bottom half of the interior. Also the center console in 90-91 CB’s are different from 92-93. So if you go black as your main interior you’ll have to paint those center console pieces.
    Here is some 10th anniversary gray leather I ran into yesterday. It was so dry and torn in places I couldn’t even take it. Bummer. Never seen a 10th anniversary car like this one either. Silver outside EX model with gray leather. I’ll bet it was hella nice when new.

5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Hey, I meant black OR grey, not two tone.
      Sorry for not being clear!
      Specifically, I would be looking for a leather rear seat and black OR grey interior panels from the rear seats back, as that is not interchangable from the sedan.

I want to change over to leather when my youngest son is a bit older, so I have time to source everything. My junkyards in N.E.Florida are pretty picked over- so I know I'm going to have to look farther afield.

Thanks for the great reply, btw.
      Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

LadyG, what you would probably have to do is have the seats custom covered in the leather you want. Another note imho, leather is far easier to clean up than any CB cloth. The only thing with the kids I think would be something poking or tearing the leather. In that case I would cover the leather with a blanket when kids and car seats etc. are present. It’s easy for me to say this though because I don’t have any kids. There could be a million other scenarios that could play out with kids also as I’m sure you know better than I.
        Anyways, if you go gray you can find everything as wagons came with gray interiors. Still you would have to custom the seats. I’ve never seen (yet) a wagon with leather. I have nice gray leather inserts for the doors so hit me up if you want the og door leather.
        If you go black well I have black also. But full door panels aren’t as cheap to ship. I have all the black interior plastics you would need also.
        My car originally came with the same type G tan with black dash you have in your car. I hated it lol.

~Mark~

Comment

I'm planning to attend CAM next year, perhaps I can pick up in person!
          Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

I'm planning to attend CAM next year, perhaps I can pick up in person!
            Sounds good. I need to start going through my black pieces. I have allot lol.
            I going to check out CAM this year. Never been.

~Mark~

Comment

Received some goodies from FatFourCustoms today. Still got rotors, braided brake lines, pads, and wheels to go. But the RL caliper brackets are a must for this to happen.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                I also got this intermittent wiper stalk from an Acura TL. It’s kinda nice because not only is the lettering very clean it also has a dust apron on it. I don’t remember the one I pulled from a CD Accord for my car having this dust apron.

First of all, great thread. I'm all for adding some tech to old cars.

Question, I've been thinking of doing the same, adding an intermittent wiper stalk

Are the speed of the wipers controlled by the intermittent stalk or controlled by something else which in controlled by the stalk?

What parts are necessary to achieve this?

Comment

Are the speed of the wipers controlled by the intermittent stalk or controlled by something else which in controlled by the stalk?

What parts are necessary to achieve this?
                  There is a “Controller” module that is attached to the interior fuse box. In CB Accords it’s a small rectangle brown box. You need to replace that with an A11 controller from a 95 CD Accord v6. The A11 has the circuitry to operate the variable intermittent wiper mod. And not mess up other functions that the normal CB controller does. The speed of the wipers all should remain the same. Only the variable intermittent wiping is added.

~Mark~

Comment

Ok today at Ontario pap I saw a CB with an interior that I did not know existed. It was another 10th anniversary white car with type-C blue interior code. But it was two tone!!

Blue with white leather! Look at the 10th anniversary on the insert. It’s gotta be dealership ordered. The seats were not recovered and the pattern & pleating was just like any other leather equipped CB I’ve seen. The white leather seats even had blue plastics on the bottom! It’s just like a two tone interior you would think of for these cars. The leather was still cushiony and I’m not sure if these really had much pleating if any because of the special writing on them. I think I’m going to snag the inserts just for shits & gigs. They should clean up good.

~Mark~

Comment

I've seen the inserts before, they just weren't in a salvageable condition. I haven't ever seen a two tone interior from the factory though. Are you sure someone didn't just do a really good job swapping some leather in their cars?
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Rilas, I’m definitely not saying this is factory. It’s not an SE car to begin with. I would say that this is a dealership or customer ordered car. I’m pretty sure that’s how any color leather besides SE tan or black, made it into cars. There are certain details that tell me this. The car is a 10th anniversary car. The emblem was there the mounding was painted etc. then the 10th anniversary on the inserts. There was nothing else custom on the car to make me think it was a non dealership ordered interior. No mods to the car at all. All stock even the wheels.

~Mark~

Comment

Definitely dealer-ordered, but still a very cool find! The 10th Anniversary was a bit of an oddball. You could get it with the standard cloth (EX grade cloth, at that), leather coverings and door inserts, and then leather with the stitching. So there wasn't even continuity with the stitching. This is the first two-tone I've seen, but that may just be because all of those other 10th Anniversary buyers who were exercising ordering flexibility by selecting dealer options just decided not to exercise it THAT much.

Something else odd I've seen on two occasions is two black 10th Anniversary cars with high-mount console armrests, and no armrests on the seat.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

NH,

If you run across a set of leather door inserts that you don't want, please send them my way. I don't mind if they're not in presentable condition; if they're intact enough to make patterns from I'd be interested.
                            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

You can make patterns from cloth inserts, too. But if you're ever down in Houston, I have a set of blue 10th Anniversary leather inserts.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jarrett, I might do that. With the cloth you can make a pattern for the overall outside shape, but the leather ones, and not necessarily the 10th Anniv. ones, have the inner portion that looks like it's got some extra padding. I want to have some made that look like that, rather than just a leather replacement for the cloth.
                                My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                                Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                                Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Working...
                                X