Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my doors and back lights are blinking and coming on my dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my doors and back lights are blinking and coming on my dash

Hello every one. I had a quick question. My mechanic fix an eternal back light problem. My right stop light just did not work on my 92 accord for the past 3 years. Finally he just hot wired the left and right. Got all stop lights and parking lights working. Months later my cars dash lights were blinking and now stay on. The one for doors open and tail lights. But they work, however this little warning its on and off. Its really pissing me off. Is there an ecu or relay that needs change? My car just hit 222,000 and runs smooth. Thanks any help would be a blessing.

I really hope someone can help you. Mine is doing the same thing. Only I have had mine for a week and my lights come on and off. I'm looking for ways to get it fixed myself.

Comment

Fuse maybe?

oh man, i thought my honda was crazy. glad not alone, i think its a fuse or something, this warning comes on and off.. it was blinking before. ill keep searching in forums. Gl

Comment

Try to change or inspect all the bulbs.

Sometimes the filament may be faulty and collapse particularly on the double action bulbs where the top may melt on to the bottom filament causing a malfunction or cause a higher resistance in the system triggering the brake warning light.

I have experienced this many many years ago. From memory the brake lights would back feed on to the parking light and dash light. It would light up as you brake and the brakes would be lit when you turn the park lights on. I think it also eventually triggered the rear brake warning light.

Replacing all the bulbs are cheap and doesn't hurt at least all are new, safer, less worries and can be ruled out.
        Last edited by JDMDriver; 09-12-2013, 09:05 AM.
        Rides:

Accord
        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

So what your saying is bad bulbs (even though they all work) could cause those lights to stay lit? All door lights and brake lamp light?

Comment

I think your right

Thanks Jdm,
            I think I read that same theory some where in other places weeks ago.

I did do a crazy experiment that melted some of my sockets in the tail lights years ago when I used Altezza lights. I think a socket may be loose touching the bare panels causing this malfunction, all my wires are loose in the back. Ill check all my bulbs and sockets.

Comment

Working...
            X