Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT: 98-02 ACCORD Instrument Cluster Gauge swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a 4Cyl cluster instead of a v6 and im sure the tach will work properly.
    wat?

Comment

So since I'm a pioneer on installing this in a Auto
      I found out that the tcu throws some hissy fits with this installed

Notes you will get a
      Code 5

Fix get some die odes and connect the light blue pgm fi to
      Neutral
      Park
      That fixes that,I thought my d4 was malfunction
      But that fixed it

Now my car is thawing
      Code 9 so I'm going to check the Nc speed sensor

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        Get a 4Cyl cluster instead of a v6 and im sure the tach will work properly.
        I've yet to find one. Got a yard trying to locate one for me.

Comment

Got a 4cyl 98 cluster today to swap with my 00" v6

so temp works now yay. tac is running at what it should getting the 4cyl makes it work right. got mine led conversion and got this one to fit just chopped the two top peices and it fits... all this to go from a 156k to a 309k cluster lol

but yes getting a 4cyl cluster is recomended and unless you want to figure out how to make the temp read right a 98-99 works best for anyone doing this in the future and to make your tac current

honda sends off clusters to have the mileage corrected for new clusters
          the best idea for cutting the back out and to make it fit like mine.
          1 cut the sides as alreddy stated
          2 cut the peice over the steeringwheel
          3 (Opt) make holes for your original cluster plugs (yes mine are still in there )

Final AUTO Install

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Good to know that works properly. I still need to track down a 4 cyl cluster. They've been pretty damn hard to come across up here.

Comment

I pulled the CG cluster out of the coupe and put the stock one back in. Had to rewire the original pigtails back in place.

I guess I crossed some wires, because my Parking Brake warning light is now my CEL and my CEL is the parking brake warning light. LOL. Fuck it.

Comment

Lol .... I kept my harnesses In tact in the dash by (T tap's or quick clips made thos easy ) but I have cut a few wires on the 22 pin so it may not be a easy original drop in for me lol .... Yeah the prime cluster's to drop In with the least problems is the NS brand 98 or 99 cluster these can be identified by it having 3 74 bulbs on the back is the easyest and makeing sure you get a 4 cyl unless possibly the h22's will take to the v6 cluster which I have and no use for

Do it once, do it right.
                Missing My
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Long term use put about 10k on the cluster and now I have a twiching tempature level it seens that if you tap the dash or tap the face it works. It works over bumps and such but right now its works / works and twiches out/ nothing until you tap the guages. I ruled out wireing took the dash apart and moved the wires around and that didn't chamg anything I'm trying some peices of foam between the dash cover and the cluster other wise everything is looking great

Do it once, do it right.
                  Missing My
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

My freaking word.

I kept breaking the Plastic lense on these cluster because for some reason the opening on my 92 does not accept these clusters. (yet my 91 did) but I finally managed to get a 1998 V6 in there.

Everything works fine. yes 2,000 rpm= 3,000rpm.... but yeah everything is good.... Well come to find out for some really odd reason you can drive around and collect mileage on your trip odo and then shut off the car and cluster and after about 30 seconds if you turn the car to ACC the cluster does a full guage check (flicking the guages up and then back down) then the Odo LCD comes back on at 0.0 trip A .... to solve this I tapped into some wire in the center plug that is a blue / red strip wire connected that to the yellow/white now the LCD only stays on constant this is about (9 volts)
                    Is there some resistor or dieode or something to cut down the power to where it will shut the LCD off but retain enough power to keep the trip in the memory? or is this cluster a dud and I should be looking for a diffrent one?

Do it once, do it right.
                    Missing My
                    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
                    X