Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Another Boosted F series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought another accord today! 1996 EX Canadian version which is same as American LX. The car actually spent it's whole life in Mexico where buddy worked then sold it to an employee who brought it back to Nova Scotia. Car has no rust and is like showroom condition underneath. Absolutely no undercoating ever touched this car. It's bone stock aswell. Plans are to paint it and swap all my parts over to the new car! Pics will be up tomorrow after I clean it up a little it has

Comment

I definitely think that the car is just fine. What gets me is how people have their hoods propped up and the motor is stock. To me it honestly looks retarded. If you want the engine bay cool why not get a hood that has a functional scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
        Bought another accord today! 1996 EX Canadian version which is same as American LX. The car actually spent it's whole life in Mexico where buddy worked then sold it to an employee who brought it back to Nova Scotia. Car has no rust and is like showroom condition underneath. Absolutely no undercoating ever touched this car. It's bone stock aswell. Plans are to paint it and swap all my parts over to the new car! Pics will be up tomorrow after I clean it up a little it has
        That sounds like a hell of a score!

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
        I definitely think that the car is just fine. What gets me is how people have their hoods propped up and the motor is stock. To me it honestly looks retarded. If you want the engine bay cool why not get a hood that has a functional scoop.
        I can respect a stock engine bay if the car is 25 years old and the engine bay is immaculate. If it looks like crap and is bone stock... what are you showing off? It's like saying "Man, nice Volks! Check out my rusted steelies!"

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
          Sure this looks good... completely tucked and swapped

But, what's wrong with showing off this... stock for the most part and swapped (for some reason, i LOVE this look).

Comment

I think a cool swap is always worth showing off, personally. The less decrepit it looks, the better... but a swap is a worthwhile mod to brag about!

It's stuff like this that I don't understand showing off... I totally agree with sprinkles on this one.

(I stole this image from a page with the title "how to clean your engine bay", so I assume they made it look better!)

Comment

I could care less just as long as the car is up for doing what its supposed to do id gladly rape. The looks in the cars Im for the mechanical side for it. that's how I operate mostly for go not too much for show.

Comment

your stock pistons will hold up a lot better if you re ring that block and open the gap. I run .018" on the top ring and .022" on the second ring. I suspect this may be a large part of the reason for broken ringlands in stock boost f22s. If the gap closes and the ring binds expect bad things to happen quickly.
                spin city

Comment

Update! Finally got the new Accord painted. On to the pics:

Old car

New car

New car, new paint!

Now I just have to finish swapping all my parts over to the new car.

Comment

Boosted 4 door cd5 FTW. I've hurt many feelings with mine haha!
                    spin city

Comment

Another small update! Spare engine is apart at my engine builders, KS tuned balance shaft delete is already installed in the oil pump/block. Sent my camshaft to Web Cam and they have put a pretty big regrind on it and the cam is being shipped back as we speak. Also bought a 70mm skunk2 throttle body, F23a1 intake manifold, rosko racing iac adapter, an aem adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable cam gear from obx because I couldn't find any other company that makes them for the F series anymore which sucks. Hoping to have the engine in and Dyno tuned by summer. Goal is 350whp, anything after that is a bonus. Going to max out my Garrett 57 trim. Hopefully you all stay tuned for pics and videos this summer and I'm hoping to hit my local track aswell(even tho it's only 1/8 mile)

Comment

Gotta love Web Cams.. hope to see some vids soon!
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i gotta aem F22a cam gear laying around, at this point i would have practically given it away. if you have the bottom end built dont fear 400+ whp. with a decent turbo setup you can it no problem without meth.
                          spin city

Comment

Still staying tuned. Can't wait to see vids.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                              i gotta aem F22a cam gear laying around, at this point i would have practically given it away. if you have the bottom end built dont fear 400+ whp. with a decent turbo setup you can it no problem without meth.
                              Dammit I probably would have taken that off your hands. My turbo is where I will need to upgrade now. I'm running a Garrett T3/T4E 57 trim with .48AR exhaust housing which will really hamper my top end. Debating on just throwing a bigger housing on or saving up for a GT30R.

Comment

Working...
                              X