Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM CD player Accessory Pinout

Im back from the grave!

I got another 92 and am working on doing a full showroom restoration. I got the Honda Accessory CD player 08A06-121-210, however someone cut the harness off at the connector. Here is the question, with the CD player there is supposed to be a Y-Harness that goes from the vehicle harness on one end to the split where part goes to the Radio and part goes to the CD player. The color of the leads on the CDP player does not match any of the colors in the vehicle harness and no surprise but the Y-Harness has been discontinued. Does anyone know what the Pinout is supposed to be so I can create my own harness? I don't want to splice or cut any wires, going for clean factory like install. Thanks so much!
    Current
    1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
    Rosewood Brown
    1992 Accord EX 5-Speed Sedan
    Arcadia Green

Previous
    Bordeaux
    1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
    Bordeaux

I got answers

Alright folks, through a stroke of luck I was able to find an OEM CD player with the needed harness so thought I would share the knowledge I was looking for.

OEM CD Player 08A06-101-210
    Following wires come from it
    Yellow/Red
    White/Blue
    Black
    White
    Orange
    Brown

To connect these to the car without the the proper connections on the CD player the following must be done.

On the vehicle Harness:
    Yellow/Red - Pin 4
    White/Blue - Pin 5
    Black - Pin 11

At the Factory Radio
    White - Pin 12
    Orange - Pin 13
    Brown - Pin 14

I plan to create my own harness by getting a a factory replacement harness such as the ones here:
    https://www.carid.com/1992-honda-accord-wire-harnesses/
    And adding the pins as needed for the 12-14 using a pin kit, and repining 4, 5, and 11, with two wires instead of one exactly as the OEM harness on the CD player would. I will share documentation with the process when I get the opportunity to complete it.
    Current
    1992 Accord EX 5-speed Sedan
    Rosewood Brown
    Arcadia Green

Previous
    Bordeaux
    1993 Accord LX 5-Speed Sedan
    Bordeaux

Comment

I may have a player that no longer works, I could cut the harness off it (or send you the whole thing).
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
      X