Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 LX Rear Motor Mount Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 LX Rear Motor Mount Help

Hey guys, I was directed here from r/honda for some more specific advice to help me out. My dad bought this car new and I bought it from him when I was 16 7 years ago and I have driven it ever since. I am about to hit 240k. The car has definitely seen better days but I'm trying to improve little things over time.

My motor mounts are definitely bad because I get a lot of lurchy motion when drastically applying or releasing throttle. I also get bad clutch chatter sometimes when moving from a stop and I've been told that the motor mounts could be the culprit for that as well.

I've changed the front one before, and I don't think I'll have any issue changing the ones on the sides, but the back one is giving me issues. It's very hard to find any info about them and the info I do find is for autos so they're kind of irrelevant to me. Even the Haynes manual doesn't say anything helpful at all.

I was hoping I could get some direction on how to replace, and also a link to a set of 4 I could potentially buy. When I look on RockAuto they list them all individually but there aren't even options for all four different mounts. I don't want to pay for super high quality parts because this car is about to become my 3rd, beater car, but I don't want to buy cheap crap that won't last 30k and just waste my time.

I hope I followed all the rules, please tell me if I need to change anything. I searched for this before I posted and everyone else seemed to be asking about it in relation to doing a swap so I wasn't trying to be redundant.

Pic because this is my first post

Replacing the rear mount for autos and manuals is not that different. The manual mount bolt pattern is different but I think its easier to replace. I prefer to attack it from above.

ENG: Replacing the rear motor mount
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27485

Look the through DIY above and compare the image below. It's just the 3 bolts holding down the mount and the through bolt

Last edited by Tishock; 11-05-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

The rear mount is tricky because of the intake manifold, obviously. I don't remember everything that had to be moved or adjusted when I installed my mounts, but it's nothing special about it. Just 3 or 4 bolts hold it to the subframe. It may be easier to attack it from under the car.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Showing those pictures, that doesn't look too bad at all. I'm working a ton right now so I haven't had time to even look under the hood and try and think it out yet. Taking the intake off should be cake, right? I would say I'm a shade tree mechanic for my own and my friend's cars so I'm sure I can do it. Do I need to remove anything to replace the side mounts?

We're 1-1 on whether I should get it from the top or bottom so far so I'll just get under it first and decide how I want to start. Does anyone have a link to a set of 4?

Are there no pictures in the thread on how to replace them because the thread is so old? Or is that the filter here at work.

Also, you guys have impressed me; responding so quickly and informatively to a noob, thanks
        Last edited by koopatroopa92; 11-05-2015, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Nothing special is needed to replace the side mounts, except a way to support the engine while removing them.

Removing the intake is kind of a PITA, imo. If you're going to do that, you might as well clean it up and install new gaskets and hoses.

I don't believe anyone sells an oem style set of four. Most people just purchase the four individual mounts. Rock auto is having a clearance for our parts so I would buy what you can from there even if you have to order the rest of the mounts somewhere else.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well on rock auto all I really see listed is rear and front right. I don't really see any others listed, do you?

Comment

Working...
            X