Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Speakers Turn Off Randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers Turn Off Randomly

My head unit is powered,says music is playing, but no sound?
    Yesterday I had the problem for the first time, so I took my head unit out and saw that some wires had come loose, so I blew a fuse too. Got all that fixed up, then today in the morning the same thing happened. Any body deal with this before?

Originally posted by Project1990LX View Post
    My head unit is powered,says music is playing, but no sound?
    Yesterday I had the problem for the first time, so I took my head unit out and saw that some wires had come loose, so I blew a fuse too. Got all that fixed up, then today in the morning the same thing happened. Any body deal with this before?
    Sounds like your grounding out somewhere....
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Yeah that's what a friend said too, thanks.
      Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Comment

Make sure you wrap electrical tape around any wires that are connected. make sure the ground wires for the speakers/head unit are screwed into unpainted metal.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. connections came loose...

Comment

if all your running is just a (HU) head-unit Make sure you put the right fuse in the fuse box pretty sure its 10amp and you have the correct wiring RED to RED YELLOW to YELLOW and for the ground(BLACK)make a new ground ( I had a problem in the harness ground it made a high pitch noise while driving I new ground it out and buh bye noise)

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

Comment

Id look at your deck wires speaker wires it could ground out at the speakers you could have an pinched wire somwhere just start looking for open wires that can tuch metal...

Comment

Thanks guys, ill do that today and ill let u know

Comment

Remaining powered and music playing, there Okay just to be clear, I did not run any wires, installed no amp nothing, I have a pioneer head unit I installed with a simple wiring harness and a mount. Then I removed the 4 old speakers, front doors and rear deck, and installed 4 pioneer speakers, 260watt in the front, 180watt in the back. I wired them using the wire that was there for the old speakers. . I removed the head unit, and wrapped the wires in electrical tape. Music played for 1 second then cut off, with the head unit remaining powered and saying that music was playing. Howver, no sound. Should I start cheching every speaker one by one? Or any other thing I should check first?

Comment

Originally posted by Project1990LX View Post
                  Remaining powered and music playing, there Okay just to be clear, I did not run any wires, installed no amp nothing, I have a pioneer head unit I installed with a simple wiring harness and a mount. Then I removed the 4 old speakers, front doors and rear deck, and installed 4 pioneer speakers, 260watt in the front, 180watt in the back. I wired them using the wire that was there for the old speakers. . I removed the head unit, and wrapped the wires in electrical tape. Music played for 1 second then cut off, with the head unit remaining powered and saying that music was playing. Howver, no sound. Should I start cheching every speaker one by one? Or any other thing I should check first?
                  Id see if there grounding out something is grounding out...

Comment

Same thing happened to me a while back. take the rear speakers out and cutt out some cardboard to cover the bare metal where the speakers sit. I would tape down the cardboard so it doesnt move when you drop them back in. Goodluck

Comment

Yeaah that makes sense, that's actually where I was gunna start looking thanks bro . Ill update asap

Comment

That should be it, doubt its the front speakers.
                        Your welcome, DO WORK

Comment

x2 on the rear deck speakers. I changed mine from 6.5's to 6x9's and it shorts every so often even with tape wrapping the wires and the connections on the speaker. The cardboard idea is good advice, I think I'm going to try that now too! hahaha
                          90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

Okay, I'm about to see if the cardboard works, wish me luck! Haha

Comment

So I just removed the rear speakers, taped everything up, cut out some cardboard, put everything in place, still no sound I will try front speakers tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X