Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22B2 possible swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22B2 possible swap

So i search swap guide and some other threads but some are invalid and cant be seen so i dint find much help on it =/ .

any ways ..

i have a 95 accord with a f22b2 engine and i want to put a vtec head on it am guessing its the f22b1 , i want to know 1. is it possible 2. what do i need to make it happen or 3 just a link on where can i find answers for 1 and 2 lol.

Why do i want this? i see many vtec heads on the junk yard with ecu cables head etc etc still really good and i want to put one on my gf's car for economic reasons (gas miles) and practice not for performance.

there shouldnt be a problem doing this, with the right ecu and harness to wire up the vtec solenoid that should be it..go for it.

Comment

The SOHC VTEC head is crap. Don't waste your time.

Comment

i would forget the vtec head swap, and swap an f22A6 head, specifically an A6 head, and pt6 ecu. then get an H23 intake manifold plenum and swap that on there.

but as upnleftu already said, it would be pretty simple, slap the head on there, grab the correct ecu, and wire up the vtec, though you can run without vtec for a while as long as you do not instal the vtec ecu. i would not let it go for too long, there are significant differences between these two heads.

i am just thinking, that "practicing" with your GF's car sounds like something that could lead to a fast breakup
        Last edited by KB7; 09-03-2011, 05:21 AM.
        _

Comment

A fast breakup, and a slow walk home...

Headswaps, especially done by amateurs, almost ALWAYS result in broken motors. I wouldn't suggest trying it on your own car, let alone your girl's!

The F22B1's VTEC system is indeed an "economy" version of the technology... but you're not going to gain any additional mpg from doing the swap. In fact, you'll be lucky if you ever manage to make her car run properly again.

If you want practice, pick up an entire engine... F22A preferably... and rebuild it. Do it properly (get a Helm manual), and take your time to understand each step of the way. Just doing a stock rebuild will equip you with 90% of the knowledge you'll need to do a performance build later on.

Comment

Working...
          X