Bb4 Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bb4 Seats

I know there's a couple of threads on this and I read through them. But I was still wodering how easy/hard is it to get BB4 (1992-1996) prelude front seats into our CBs. How much modification is needed, which are the brackets and which are the rails? One guys put that if we use the accord sliders it will be at too much of an angle. Pictures, diagrams, help will be greatly appreciated. thanks . I have a 92 coupe EX.

It takes a bit of work. You have to take the brackets/ rails off your accord seats then take the brackets and rails off the prelude seats. The accord rails have to be modified to fit on the prelude seats.

I know of some people that take the prelude seats as is and just bolt in three bolts and ride like that. I don't think it's a good idea but it's an option.

You didnt search hard enough because there is already a thread that documents the diy for this project. Good luck

I almost forgot. If you swap to accord rails on the prelude seats it makes the seat sit too far reclined. Bigger people won't mind smaller people like myself will feel kind of far away from the wheel.
    Last edited by Chrisisiced; 09-15-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah I went through that thread and read the DIY. He used pure prelude parts. I know some people use accord parts. What is better/ easier? What is meant by too far reclined? Like this _/ or just pushed too far back. I have a coupe so will it make it harder to get people in the back? thanks.

Comment

its easier to just use all prelude parts even if you cant use all 4 bolts. IMHO for myself 3 bolts is plenty for my weight. but overall unless its the tan bb4 seats the black is gonna look horrid in your plush cb interior unless you have the red dx cb black plush interior and i think even then it would look horrible.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by blaxemj View Post
          Yeah I went through that thread and read the DIY. He used pure prelude parts. I know some people use accord parts. What is better/ easier? What is meant by too far reclined? Like this _/ or just pushed too far back. I have a coupe so will it make it harder to get people in the back? thanks.
          The seats will still slide up close to the steering wheel but the back part lays back further like this \_ instead of this L.

Comment

Thanks alot guys for the help. . I guess I'll get some and see it for myself in person.

Comment

1990 Accord Sedan, all Accord rails keeping the 90-91 autobelt.

That's as upright as they sit. It was a bit too reclined for my liking, but the improvement in lateral support was nice.

I don't know the impact of the coupe rails.

Comment

"Too much" of an angle is a matter of perspective. If you MUST drive with the seat-back all the way upright, AND deep down you wish the seat was even more upright, then yes, it is way too inclined.

Realistically, I remember it is like driving one or at most two notches back, which to me, was okay, but I personnally prefer to have my seat all the way up, even beyond.

but the benefits of the prelude seasts far outweighed this drawback. They are super comfy, hold your body in place when you take any corner. and in my opinion they make the interior look sporty, and sexy, and the way they make the cb look from outside the car without the square boxy headrests, in my opinion, makes it look like a whole new(er) car.

these are picks of my previous car, with my ugly blue set, (prior to swapping in navy blues, which looked tons better with the vintage red interior, not sure if I ever took pictures of them)

Last edited by KB7; 09-18-2011, 08:17 AM.
                _

Comment

The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                  X